Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Eclipse Modeling Framework Technologies
The Eclipse Modeling Framework Technologies (EMFT) project was initiated to incubate new technologies that extend or complement EMF. Over time, projects will graduate from EMFT into other Modeling projects, such as EMF, MDT or M2T.
- 1 Components
- 2 Planning & Project Management
- 3 Documentation & Assistance
For an up to date list of components, see:
- EMF Compare
- Ecore Tools aka Ecore Diagram: Announcement, Proposal
- EMF Search
- Extended Editing Framework
- Modeling Workflow Engine (MWE), Bernd Kolb
- EMF4Net: Proposal, www.emf4net.org, Reinhold Bihler, Manfred Bottger, Deyan Rizov
- JCR Management, Sandro Boehme
- Temporality, Jean-Claude Cote, Sebastien Diotte, Simon McDuff
- Model Execution Framework (MXF), Michael Soden, Hajo Eichler
- Emfatic: Announcement, Proposal, Miguel Garcia, Chris Daly
- Servus: Announcement, Proposal, Thiago Tonelli Bartolomei
- Texo: EMF for web application environments, see the Proposal, Martin Taal
- MTF: Proposal, Steffen Stundzig
- Edapt: EMFT Edapt Project page, EMFT Edapt Proposal, Moritz Eysholdt, Markus Herrmannsdoerfer.
- Component owners: please provide a quick wiki page at the above links, culled from the materials linked above.
Planning & Project Management
Project IP Log
- See Project IP Log.
- Query, Transaction, Validation R1.1 Draft Plan
- New and Noteworthy features in the 1.1 release of the Query, Transaction, and Validation components, by milestone
Documentation & Assistance
To learn more about the technology on which the EMFT projects are built the most authoritative source is the book, EMF: Eclipse Modeling Framework, 2nd Edition.
Newsgroups / Mailing Lists
Have a question? Try the FAQ for your individual component. If that doesn't help, chances are your question has been answered in the newsgroup.
Builds & Server Configuration
- Building & Promoting Guide
- Build Server Setup
- Eclipse Server Sandbox Setup
Articles / Wiki
- Effective Use of the Eclipse Modeling Framework, EclipseCon 2007, by Ed Merks et al.