Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting
- 2 WTP 3.0.3
- 3 WTP 3.1
- 4 Other business
- 5 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 6 References
WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Announcements And Special Reports
- 10/03 M build
- 10/17 M build
- 10/24 RC1 (PMC review starts after RC1, initially one vote)
- 10/31 RC2 (after RC2, two PMC votes)
- 11/7 RC3 (after RC3, three PMC votes)
- 11/14 3.0.3 Release
Build & Smoketest
- No smoketest/driver delcaration this week
- Latest declared build M-3.0.3-20081002225749
- Smoketest Results
- releng failure due to versioning issues
Bug Lists for 3.0.3
- Blockers & Criticals (~5)
- All 3.0.3 Hotbugs (~1)
- In tabular form:
- Current 3.0.3 & 2.0.3 targeted bugs (~141)
- Web Tools
- Number Fixed for 3.0.3 (~48)
- Java Server Faces
- Dali JPA Tools
- Amy has checked in fix for Junit versioning issues for xml and xsd for both features and plugins
- Brad will look and fix the jsdt ones today
- Chuck will have a critical regression bug to drop today
- Junit failing testcases will be tracked by blocker bugs next week
- Critical & blockers bugs list
- 244003 => Chuck: will look and target
- 246702 => Nitin: waiting for submitter to submit patch, if not will have to work on fixing it ourselves
- 248015 => Chuck: previous fix caused a regression, will add junit test to look for this regression area, new patch for fix is ready, will review and committ
- David: since its critical, should drop for this week, pls send note to releng after code is dropped
- 248307: Carl: recently opened, and investigating
- 249480: Raghu has targeted for 3.1, waiting for originator to confirm if this is okay
- 248424 => Nitin: will review patch and commit if good
- Kaloyan: can wait till next week
- 3.0.3 targeted bugs
- 142 currently targeted, comp leads please assess if these are really 303 or for 304 next Feb.
Two issues came up when discussing the planning process
- How to handle "future" milestone target? Turns out we have discussed and documented this before, see WTP_Bugs, Workflow and Conventions#The meaning of "Future" milestone target.
- How can we better incorporate bugs-to-fix in 3.1 planning? Subsequent to meeting, I suggested that leads/committers should set the 3.1 milestone target for bugs that ideally should be fixed in 3.1, to help "prime the pot". For example, nearly all voted on bugs and "major" bugs should be so marked. I've added more bugzilla queries to WTP 3.1 Project Plan to assist.
- New format First draft 9/20, Final copy 10/30
Adjusted schedule, based on Platform's proposed schedule.
Normally, our milestone are one week after the Platform's delivery. Exceptions noted below.
- 3.0.1 Early Maintenance Release Aug 15
- M1 -> Aug 22 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release)
- 3.0.2 Coordinated Maintenance Release Sep 24
- M2 -> Sept 26 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release) (updated)
- M3 -> Nov 7 (short milestone, since "making up" for added week above)
- M4 -> Dec 19
- M5 -> Feb 6
- 3.0.3 Coordinated Maintenance Release Feb 25
- (EclipseCon March 23-27)
- M6 -> Mar 20 Feature Complete, API Freeze, UI Freeze, NLS, Accessibility
- M7 -> May 8 Performance tuning, documentation, bug fixing
- RC1 -> May 22 Serious bugs only, focus on stability.
- RC2 -> May 29 WTP will likely not participate in an RC2, based on feedback from last year that RC2 came too soon, needed more fixing, less testing
- RC3 -> Jun 5 Very serious bugs only.
- RC4 -> Jun 12 Very very serious bugs only.
- RC5 -> Jun 19 Hopefully no changes from RC4. Prepare web pages, update sites, etc.
- GA -> Jun 24
Build & Smoketest
- Planning week, no smoketest or build declaration
- Junit failures & Version issues will be marked as blocking bugs starting next week
Bug List for 3.1
- 3.1 & 2.1 enhancements (~98)
- 3.1 & 2.1 targeted bugs (~237)
- In tabular form:
- Current 3.1 & 2.1 targeted bugs (~237)
- Blockers & Criticals (~5)
- 3.1 & 2.1 hotbugs (~0)
- No build or smoketest this week as it's planning week
- Please pay attention to Junit failures and address to produce stable builds
- Junit failures will be tracked by blocker bugs next week
- Raghu: Created a plan for each project, take a look at the wiki and the plan and enter the URL in your homepage, so we can go see the plan there directly
- Kaloyan: has issues with ejb plan with updates
- Raghu: its slow but should work, will take a look at ejb
- David: How are themes encoded?
- Raghu: use the status whiteboard field
- Nitin: Not a good idea, use a keyword in the summary
- Raghu: Lets try this whiteboard field first, and if there are issues
- DaveC: eclipse team created a Galileo flag that we can use
- Raghu: that doesn't tell us the teams though?
- DaveC: check with Nick Bolt can provide some ideas
- Raghu: will start with this first
- David: should not use the Galileo flag as discussed in the PMC mtg, we don't really have a concrete need for it
- David: should we set a deadline for these?
- Action: Please have project URL working by next week, will have checkpoint next week
- Raghu will have a rolled up plan next week
- Raghu: October 24th 2008 for final
- Helen to update schedule section and reflect new 3.0.3 dates
- Thre New Incubator proposals
- Visual Editor => going under initial review, and approval to check code into CVS
- XML Security => going through IP review
- XQuery => final paper work, done IP review
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
The minutes of the meetings are posted. Next meeting is next Monday same time. See details on the wiki page: WTP Performance Tests
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
- Testing M2
- Starting on 3.0.3
- Deciding overall themes and plan for 3.1
- Ongoing triage of incoming and existing bugs.
- Fixing and verifying bugs.
- JPT 2.0
- Working on:
- EclipseLink support
- Bugs for M7
- Working on:
- Feature exceptions
- Bug Fixes
- In general, the minimum requirement is that if you branch a plug-in, you need to branch all the plug-ins in the corresponding map file. This is to make it easier for others to know what to load, to "be current" in a maintenance branch. It is fine to branch everything in a sub-project if you choose to, but still need to correspond to what's in a map file, and the map file should be updated to explain what it's used for. Map files can be re-organized some, if that helps make it easier to organize and understand what teams are working on what.
- The names for branches should follow the pattern of 'R3_0_maintenance'. This will be the name for all 3.0.x maintenance work (not just the first, 3.0.1 maintenance work). Note that JSF and JPA code may use R2_0_maintenance, but their map files, will still be branched using R3_0_maintenance.
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web Tools Web Site Development.
- Bug Day
- Monitor and participate in Bug Day if you would like.
- Mark any applicable bugs with keyword "bugday", but only if you'll have a representative on hand to respond through Bugzilla or in IRC
- Current WTP Bug Day bugs (~53)
- Project Meta data, for Project leads, especially, see "information about ..." from your subproject web page left nav bar.
- Go to Foundation Portal
- Login with committer ID
- Click on "[maintain] Project Info meta-data"
- Changes coming to IP Log management (more automated, but more for Project Leads to do?): See Development Resources/Automatic IP Log