WTP 3.1 Project Plan
This is the home page for information on the planning for the Web Tools Platform (WTP) Project 3.1 release.
The Eclipse Board has mandated that all top-level projects should keep their project plan in a standard format. See, Development_Resources/Project_Plan for details. The following process is to help automate as much of the plan as possible.
- We will use Bugzilla to track the features. Use the 'plan' keyword to submit feature requests for this release.
- Project leads will triage these requests. A feature request will have the following stages in a release:
|Proposed||These are features that the Project Lead has triaged for the release. These are items that are either being investigated or items that the project would like to explore but are not yet Committed. Most of the features should start as proposed items. After a review and some amount of detailed planning, their status will either become committed or deferred.|
The Project Lead will set the Target Milestone field of the bug to 3.1 (2.1 for JPT).
|Committed||These are features that project team is definitely going to address in the release. Resources and some amount of detailed plans have been identified for such items. |
The Project Lead will set the Target Milestone field of the bug to the specific milestones in which it will be available.
|Deferred||These are valid features that started in a Proposed state but will not be addressed in this release. Each such item will have a brief note explaining the cause for the deferral. |
The Project Lead will set the Target Milestone field of the bug to Future
- The PMC and the Project Leads will identify Themes for this release. If applicable, feature requests can be linked to a theme. Use the Status Whitboard field in the bugzilla to associate a feature with a theme. For example, if you would like to associate a feature with the theme, Ease of Use, add EaseOfUse to the Whiteboard field. Plan items that have no themes will appear in the Other category.
- Project leads should update the projectplanurl field for their subproject from the Eclipse Portal as described in the Project Metadata wiki.
- Each subproject has a project plan in CVS at the following location
- Repository Path: /cvsroot/org.eclipse
- Module: www/webtools/standard-project-plans
- Tools for editing the project plan
- Project plan for a subproject can be viewed from its home page, Project Plan section. Click on the link that says, pending standard form. They are also listed here for convenience.
Summary Bugzilla Queries
The following table shows all 'plan' (keyword) items for all targets and components.
The following table shows all items targeted for WTP 3.1 that are not plan items, per se.
Triage bugzilla for candidate items to target to 3.1
As planning progresses, we will expect these types of bugs (major, or ones with many votes) to become less and less in number.
- Realligned dates to reflect schedule set by the Project Council