Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Web Tools Web Site Development Setup
Web Site Development Setup
- You should know where the Phoenix Documentation is
- Familiarize yourself with Using Phoenix
- Set up your CVS Repository (the project name will be webtools)
- Follow the Configuring Eclipse with PHPEclipse instructions to get XAMPP. You may choose to set up the virtual host following these directions as well.
Another way to create a Virtual Host is to open the "httpd.conf" file, scroll to the bottom and add the following section:
<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:8008> DocumentRoot [workspace_location] </VirtualHost> <Directory "[workspace_location]"> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks AllowOverride None Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory>
Replace [workspace_location] with the path to your Eclipse workspace. Restart Apache after any changes to the "http.conf" file. You don't have to use 8008 but be careful with the port you use to avoid port conflicts with things like application servers. This differs from the Configuring Eclipse with PHPEclipse instructions in that you don't have to edit the hosts file. To access a web page use a URL such as http://127.0.0.1:8008/webtools/main.html.
- If necessary, make the following changes to your php.ini file:
< short_open_tag = Off --- > short_open_tag = On < extension_dir = "./" --- > extension_dir = "./ext" < ;extension=php_xsl.dll --- > extension=php_xsl.dll
This enables short tags and turns on xslt processing.
Get the PHP development tools
Get the PHP development tools by one of the following means:
- Download a PHP enabled Eclipse at http://download.eclipse.org/tools/php/downloads/index.php using an all in one package
- Use the update manager and the URL http://download.eclipse.org/tools/php/updates/
Check out the files
- Fire up your PHP enabled Eclipse
- Create a workspace at the [workspace_location] used when you set up your virtual host.
- Use the CVS repository tools to check out the required projects
- Get your favorite beverage
- Check out the following projects:
- Enjoy said beverage while you wait for the check out to complete. Sip slowly.
- Any files you need at the top level, such as default_style.css and nav_style.css, you will need to get and copy into your workspace manually. They will not show up in Eclipse since they are one level up from the projects we created.
Test the installation
- Point a browser to http://127.0.0.1:8008/webtools/main.php
- You should see the new phoenix home page
- Look at the end of [apache-install-dir]/logs/error.log when you get a blank PHP page to see the error.
Go for it
- Use the PHP tools
- Submit patches or do your own checkins
- Have fun!
- Thanks for the help