Modeling Project Releng
This document is directed at Modeling Project component leads, including those in EMF, EMFT, M2M, M2T & MDT. This system has also been used for GEF and DSDP-TM-RSE, and with a little effort, can be used for other non-Modeling projects and components.
It describes the existing procedures that components are required to adopt, describing, for example, how the files should be organized, what the build files are, and the Integration and Milestone release process.
Throughout this document are references to releng (Release Engineering) files which need to be configured along the way. When a project is first being created, these steps are normally not started until after all the plugin content is in CVS. Then, and only then, the Releng Module can be created for the new project, and builds can begin.
- 1. Component Creation -- includes workflow and TODOs by assignee
- 2. Website Maintenance -- includes how to control web content and add users
- 3. Project Plan -- includes how to create your plan.xml and set up Bugzilla queries
- 4. Releng Module -- how to get started working with PDE's releng.basebuilder
- 5. Plugin And Feature Files -- includes structure & layout for your plugin/feature files
- 6. Building Zips And Jars -- includes Incubation status, 3rd party jars, compiler settings, tagging & releasing code, plugin version auditing and build/test troubleshooting
- 7. Releasing -- schedules, reviews, promoting builds, and generating project meta-information (release notes, RSS feeds, newsgroup announcements)
- 8. Maintenance -- cleanup tips
- 9. Branching -- how to branch
- Modeling Project Releng Cheat Sheet -- quick reference guide for running and promoting builds by hand and by schedule
- Modeling Project Releng Plan -- what's the plan?
- Open Modeling Project Releng Bugs / RFEs
- Server configuration for emf.torolab & emft.eclipse
- Platform Releng FAQ