Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Architecture Council/Meetings/April 12 2012
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday April 12, 2012 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|RT:||Christian Campo|| |
|Tools:||Doug Schaefer|| |
|WTP:||Chuck Bridgham|| |
- Regrets: Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Neil Hauge, Sebastien Gandon, Martin O (conflict), Adrian Mos, John Arthorne, Steffen Pingel
- Signed-up: Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Igor Fedorenko, Markus Knauer, Kim Moir, Andrew Overholt, Doug Schaefer, David Williams, Ken Hussey, Chris Aniszczyk, Achim Lörke <insert other names here>
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- EclipseCon - What interesting news about our Community did we find ? Any action items to derive ?
- Architecture Council/Meetings/March 25 2012 StAC
- Architecture Council/Meetings/March 27 2012 Breakfast
- good feedback from attendees on content (Doug), location, and networking opportunities (Christian)
- Christian commented that javafx seems to have a lot of momentum and seems to be the way forward (Tom Schindl wasn't around to second that :))
- Wed 10.15 CBI/March28 2012 Symposion - Reston Suites A (Andrew Ross)
- great interest, all seats full at session
- code sprint occurring yesterday/today at Eclipse Foundation office
- on track for (tentative) use by Eclipse project for Juno SR1
- Wed 14.00 LTS/March28 2012 Symposion - Reston Suites A (Andrew Ross)
- many interested parties
- Pat Huff and Jochen Krause will be co-chairs
- LTS related to maintaining high quality of Platform in its current stream, with reduced number of Platform core committers
- Updates from the Board
- Chris A. mentioned that there was some concern regarding Juno readiness but those concerns have been addressed as things look good
- Maven @ Eclipse progress
- there continues to be lots of interest but no one had any news at this time
- Platform build
- David and others have done a great job continuing Kim's work of moving the build to Foundation hardware
- please test the current builds: (ex. http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20120411-2034/index.php)
- David estimates a few weeks until unit tests are running
- for now, source builds are dropped (bug 374428)
- there are plenty of bugs and information in them so search bugzilla for details
- New Project Management Infrastructure
- Wayne re-iterated the killer features: in-place editing, centralized location for all the information, automation to help ease releases (no more blocking on people ("I for one welcome our new Project Management Infrastructure overlords"))
- feel free to provide feedback on the prototype (it has old data): http://projects.eclipse.org/
- Eclipse has 12 slots with Google Summer of Code
- healthy student ideas and mentors
- there is still time if you want to become a mentor or get involved
- AI Wayne to send details of how to get involved
- projects and mentor-student pairings will be decided on 23 April
- Eclipse Foundation Asterisk system
- pretty good sound quality (Christian said those using SIP clients sounded better)
- slight background drone but that could be from someone's phone
- people busy so not much news on SimRel report front or on Juno in general
- M7 coming up in less than a month!
- AC Backlog
- bug 337004 Security policy no longer draft (thanks, Wayne and others)!
- Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
- (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
- (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
- (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
- (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated