Architecture Council/Meetings/March 27 2012 Breakfast
AC Breakfast, EclipseCon 2012
- Gunnar Wagenknecht, John Arthorne, Kim Moir, Andrew Overholt, Martin O, Cedric Brun
- Builds, and Project Infrastructure getting finally unified - good !
- With the Eclipse Ecosystem becoming more and more diverse, what's still the unifying attributes of Eclipse ?
- The EPL
- IP due diligence
- The community - the folk we know and come to appreciate
- The Brand
- The Eclipse.org infrastructure (homepage, wiki, bugzilla, ...) but there's other options too eg Sourceforge, github
- How to maintain high Platform Quality with more and more Platform old-timers moving away ?
- Stephan Herrman (OT/Java project lead, who also earned "top contributor award this year) asked this the other day
- Grow fresh committers? But how to be attractive ? GSoC system ?
- Reward Community for tasks such as bug triage ?
- Thinking about a Bounty system for bug fixes ?
- But how to ensure patches get reviewed properly, and architectural integrity is maintained ?
- Maybe a funding system where multiple Eclipse Member Companies would pay some fraction of a committer's wages and another company (Eclipse.org?) hosts that committer?
- This sounds essentially like "Service Company" in LTS
Next Meetings =
- Wed 10.15 CBI/March28 2012 Symposion - Reston Suites A (Andrew Ross)
- Wed 14.00 LTS/March28 2012 Symposion - Reston Suites A (Andrew Ross)
- Architecture Council/Meetings/April 12 2012