COSMOS/COSMOS iteration i12 plan
COSMOS iteration i12 plan
Cross component work items (Jimmy Mohsin, Sheldon Lee-Loy, David Whiteman, Jason Losh)
- how do we make sure that we keep our strings externalized? automate as part of the build? There's an ER for the build to call a utility that checks for embedded strings. Does it work for both Eclipse UI and Web UI? 220261
- few use cases that Paul updated recently. But for i12 we've done as much as we can do. For future iterations we need to do some planning.
- there may be new log records created during i12. There were some log entries that don't conform to the naming convention and as a result the message ids were not assigned to those messages.
- SDD was looking at how to resolve their logging with the rest of COSMOS.
- message IDs to be generated
- We need a checklist for things that need to be done at the end of every iteration. For logging at least there's at least one item that needs to be done at the end of every iteration.
- Ruth to create a wiki page for the checklist; subproject leads to go over this checklist in their next meeting; community to review the final checklist at the next Community call
- Hubert created a wiki page that has a list of all of the log messages that we have. [http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Log_Messages}
- everything done
- there's a build script to confirm that all of our packages confirm to the naming packages? Yes, Leonard did that.
- Javadoc? Public or provisional that we expect people to build on top of needs javadoc. Add "write javadoc" to the checklist.
- Plus generate it with the build. 236501
Design doc every enhancement?
- some don't have design docs because they're such small amount of work.
- design doc to tell someone else how to implement it
- design doc so that the community knows and agrees with the change
- may be useful to put at least in paragraph form and a link to the use case. QA and documentation people will need it too so they know what to test and what to write about.
Mandatory for releasing V0.9 (Ruth Lee)
- arrange for COSMOS to be added to the Eclipse Board docket 5 weeks in advance of the intended release of V0.9
- Review slides: Zip of first draft of PPT During the release review we have to explain the divergences from the original plan, such as the addition of SDD.
- answer Harm's question in the review slides: How do the parts of COSMOS relate to each other? If they're disjoint then maybe that's fine and COSMOS can deliver them in disjoint packages. If they're all comingled technically then they should be packaged together. During the mini-project review (version 0.9), we want to state this and to address this question.
- about.html for third party OSS in COSMOS: Ruth to arrange for these specialized about.html to be written and then delivered to the build team for inclusion in COSMOS
- documentation of COSMOS IP
- get DOJO and other ipzillas approved by Eclipse Legal: list of IPZillas awaiting approval
- clean up the inactive committer list (done)
Other bullets necessary for a release
Bugzillas for i12 (Jimmy, Sheldon, David, Jason, Saurabh, Srinivas)
- Low - takes 1-3 days
- Medium - takes a week
- High - takes more than a week
Status to be filled in by:
- Data Collection bugzilla status (Jimmy Mohsin)
- Data Visualization bugzilla status (Sheldon Lee-Loy)
- Resource Modeling bugzilla status (David Whiteman)
- Management Enablement bugzilla status (Jason Losh)
- RE/Build bugzilla status (Saurabh Dravid)
- QA bugzilla status (Srinivas Reddy Doma)
The Status column can have one of these values:
- On track
- At risk
- Not containable
- Defer (no longer a priority for i12)
- Not started
|Priority||Status||Project or subteam||Enhancement||Severity||Description||Blocked by (if applicable)||Owner||Sizing||Design Doc||Use Case|
|Build||215609||Normal||Maintain documentation of third party dependencies||Ruth Lee||Low||N/A for defects||N/A for defects|
|Build||215135||Enhancement||Establish a process for running JUnits against a COSMOS build||Bobby Joseph||High|
|Build||229078||Blocker||Add about.html and other legal files to the build||Ruth Lee||Medium||N/A for defects||N/A for defects|
|COMPLETE||ME||233705||normal||Update CMDBf toolkit to support new data manager properties||233690||David Whiteman||Med||N/A for defects||N/A for defects|
|Defer||ME||238679||normal||Change code generated by MDR toolkit as a result of bug 238450||238450||? (Decided to move to i13 on 15-Jul)||Low||N/A for defects||N/A for defects|
|Not containable||ME||237978||normal||NPE problem when submitting a query via UI to an MDR developed with the toolkit||? (David will need to advise)||Med||N/A for defects||N/A for defects|
|Not containable||ME||237997||enhancement||Edit manual DM toolkit test to add steps for running the MDR on server and using UI (stopgap for not doing automated - perhaps can be done by QA)||?||Low||N/A - all needed info in bugzilla|||
|Defer||ME||220594||enhancement||Provide contextual help for toolkit UI (release readiness, if time permits)||David Whiteman||Low||N/A|||
|ME||229088||enhancement||Create initial SDD runtime framework for COSMOS installation||Jason Losh||High|
|ME||229962||enhancement||API cleanup||Jason Losh|
|ME||enhancement||SDD runtime design finalization||Jason Losh|
|ME||enhancement||SDD runtime orchestrator||Jason Losh|
|ME||enhancement||SDD build time generator (BTG) framework||Jason Losh|
|Not started||RM||200423||normal||JUnit test TestSMLModelUnits.testRuleInvalidBinding failure||Ali Mehregani||Low||N/A for defects||N/A for defects|
|Not started||RM||236866||major||JUnit failures when running on Sun JRE 1.5||? (maybe Mark McCraw)||Low||N/A for defects||N/A for defects|
|Not started||RM||179349||major||Validator doesn't support baseURI in rule bindings||?||Medium||N/A for defects||N/A for defects|
|Not started||RM||179350||major||Validator does not support prefix matching||?||Medium||N/A for defects||N/A for defects|
|Defer||RM||238492||enhancement||Support xml:base in validator||?||Medium||New spec item, no design yet|||
|Not started||RM||241138||enhancement||Support validating base64 encoded format||Hubert Leung||Medium||No design yet|||
|enhancement||Validator needs to support optional schema binding feature
Support PSVI in SML validation
|237921||David Whiteman and Ali Mehregani||9 PW||http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Design_237921|||
|On track||RM||238000||enhancement||Implement sml:locid attribute in validator||Hubert Leung||High||http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Design_238000|||
|Not started||RM||237924||enhancement||Create additional test cases for the SML validator||Hubert Leung||High||http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Design_237924|||
|Not started||RM||237132||major||URI Reference Processing not working||?||Medium||N/A for defects||N/A for defects|
|COMPLETE||RM||218814||normal||Reduce dependencies for SML MDR (including things that we're not legally allowed to)||240216||Hubert Leung||Low||N/A for defects||N/A for defects|
|COMPLETE||RM||237954||normal||Test failures in org.eclipse.cosmos.rm.repository.tests||David Whiteman||Med||N/A for defects||N/A for defects|
|Defer||RM||213635||normal||SML-IF editor help not available from F1 (Eclipse UI guidelines conformance, will contain if possible)||David Whiteman||Low||N/A for defects||N/A for defects|
|Not containable||RM||175382||normal||Create manual tests for the UI components of the SML-IF plugin||?||Low||N/A for defects||N/A for defects|
|COMPLETE||DV||236907||enhancement||Launching the COSMOS UI with a MDR query||JT||Low (0.3)||http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Design_236907||Submit a CMDBf query to an MDR|
|Defer||DV||230405||enhancement||Create a Report based on CMDBf information||Sheldon||High(2)||http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Design_230405||Report generation based on CMDBf Constructs|
|Defer||DV||237655||enhancement||Provide a reporting service group for data managers||Sheldon||High(1.8)||http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Design_237655||Report generation based on CMDBf Constructs|
|COMPLETE||DC||233690||Enhancement||Configuring and retrieving data manager configuration values||JT (was Hubert)||High (1.6)||http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Design_233690||listed in design doc|
|Defer||DC||238450||Enhancement||Make query and registration processing engines pluggable||Hubert||Medium||http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Design_238450||listed in design doc|
|COMPLETE||DC||235898||Enhancement||Need to add additional static data to the COSMOS Broker||Bill||Medium||http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Design_235898||listed in design doc|
|COMPLETE||DC||231343||Enhancement||Improve query capability of the COSMOS broker||Bill||High (1.6)||http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Design_231343||Use cases: yes|
|Doc||225817||normal||New overview of COSMOS needed on web site||Mark Weitzel||Med||N/A for defects||N/A for defects|
|Doc||218828||enhancement||COSMOS User's Guide Overview firstname.lastname@example.org||Med||http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_UG_Overview||N/A for documentation|
|Doc||219138||enhancement||Write Overview section for COSMOS Development Guideemail@example.com||Med||http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_DG_Overview||N/A for documentation|
|Doc||219156||enhancement||Write COSMOS Installation Guide||Paul Stratton||Med||http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_InstallGuide10||N/A for documentation|
|COMPLETE||QA||238087||enhancement||Documenting i12 QA activities to the wiki page||Srinivas||Low||http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_QA_i12_Activities||N/A for documentation|
|COMPLETE||QA||238089||enhancement||Document what QA is doing currently for performance testing||Srinivas||Med||http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Performance_Testing||N/A for documentation|
|COMPLETE||QA||238088||enhancement||Adding new test cases and updating the test bucket||Srinivas||Med||>http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_QA_End2End_Tests||N/A for documentation|