COSMOS QA i12 Activities
COSMOS QA Activities for i12
This has been put together to address bugzilla 238087.
For all these activities, test execution has been tracked over http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_i12_QA_Phase_Execution
The terminologies/acronyms below are commonly used throughout this document. The list below defines each term regarding how it is used in this document.
|Quality Expectations||Is a statement of some behaviour, characteristic or operational facility that a product must exhibit for it to be deemed ‘fit for purpose’. Quality expectations are normally grouped into four main categories: functional/behavioural, operational efficiency, inter operability factors; and admin/management factors (to control TCO).|
|Acceptance Criteria||This is a quantification of how a quality expectation is to be validated. For functional/behavioural quality expectations this is a simple Boolean test – it either works or it doesn’t. Hence, for most scope docs there is no need to specifically define functional acceptance criteria. However, other types of quality expectations – especially performance related areas – do require specific acceptance criteria because the quantification is normally some form of numeric threshold (with optional margin/tolerance) that states minimum levels of acceptable operational efficiency.|
The COSMOS quality expectations and the matching acceptance criteria, that would serve as a preamble to the COSMOS QA team while executing their work, were completed via ER 214576.
QA Scope for i12 testing:
- E2E testing on Windows XP, 2003 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5.0 (http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_DEMO_i12)
- i12 ERs – JUnits/Manual Tests inspection (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Cosmos1.0Features#Iteration_12_Enhancements)
- Data Visualization TPTP Manual Tests Execution (DataVisualization.UI.Component.Widget.testsuite / UI.Reports.testsuite)
- Execution of i12 supplement e2e tests(negative) from QA.
- MDR Toolkit and SML Tooling tests
- Basic operational efficiency tests (limited performance tests)
In scope i12 ERs
Please refer to http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS/COSMOS_iteration_i12_plan (OR)http://wiki.eclipse.org/Cosmos1.0Features#Iteration_12_Enhancements for the list of ERs that QA will need to test as part of the i12 testing phase that runs from July 28 thru 08th August 2008.
In scope platforms, OS's & configurations
For i12, QA will certify the following platforms:
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2
- Micorsoft Windows 2003 Server SP1
- RedHat Linux Enterprise Server 5.0 (Smoke test/Limited End2End testing only)
For i12, QA will use following softwares:
- Tomcat 5.5.25 & Axis2 1.3
- SUN JDK 1.5.0_15
- Firefox version (220.127.116.11)
- Internet Explorer (6.0.2900.2180.XP SP2)
- Eclipse 3.4
- DOJO 1.1.0
- BIRT 2.3
Iteration QA Entrance and Exit Criteria
The following items need to be in place before the 2 weeks i12 QA phase can commence:
- A stable i12 build that has undergone multiple integration build during the course of the Development phase which ends on July 25, 2008
- The wiki page http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_DEMO_i12 is completed (by Development)
The following items need to be in place before the 2 week i12 QA phase can be declared complete:
- All ERs should have JUnits or a manual TPTP test in place. If JUnits are not applicable to a given ER, alternative verification means need to be specified. To reiterate, QA is not expected to run the JUnits. In i12, this activity will be completed as part of the weekly iteration builds. In future, this will be fully automated once ER 215135 is completed.
- The e2e tests for i12 (http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_DEMO_i12) are run against the final i12 build
i12 Test Cases
All End2End tests from QA can be found here - http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_QA_End2End_Tests
Resources & timeframe
i12 QA will be completed by two dedicated CA resources. The i12 QA phase will run from July 28 thru 08th August 2008 (2 weeks).
This section includes the tasks required to complete this enhancement.
- Srinivas Reddy has generated this page to address bugzilla 238087
- The COSMOS team needs to review the relevant sections for this page.
- Srinivas, representing the QA team, is supposed to complete this activity by July 25, 2008. This is prior to the commencement of the QA phase for i12.
All reviewer feedback should go in the Talk page for 238087 "Define scope and detail the i12 QA activities".