COSMOS Design 235898
|Bill Muldoon||June 27, 2008|
|Process||Sizing||Names of people doing the work|
|Build and infrastructure||0|
|Code review, etc.*|
'* - includes other committer work (e.g. check-in, contribution tracking)
Each Data Manager typically has "static" properties (or non-instance data) that can be kept in the Broker.
The static properties of a Data Manager are:
- The Dialect, represented as a namespace (for example, SML).
- The SOAP version, represented as a namespace.
- The MdrId, a unique identifier of the MDR (this value only applies to MDRs).
- The Security level required by the Data Manager, also represented as a namespace value. Currently we only support basic security.
Note that all of the above properties are optional.
Relevant Use Cases
This change impacts:
- the Broker registration interface must support these new values
- the CLI application
- the COSMOS UI
- display the new properties in the properties view
- use the security information to determine whether to prompt the user for credentials