- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting
- 2 Focus on Quality (Neil)
- 3 WTP 3.0.4
- 4 WTP 3.1
- 5 Other business
- 6 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 7 References
WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Announcements And Special Reports
Focus on Quality (Neil)
- Focus Item:
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before June 1st, 2008 (64, 36, 21, 9)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
- Upcoming Focus item
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before October 1st, 2008 (Last week - ; Currently ~ 51)
Test is underway for RC2.
We should only propose serious regressions from now on.
Is the JSDT facet issue one of these? Let's resolve plan for 3.0.4.
- Jan 9 - M build
- Jan 23 - M build
- Jan 30 - RC1
- All changes after Jan 30 require PMC approval (1 vote) (Official Ganymede RC1 date is Feb 4, we are declaring early)
- Feb 6 - RC2 All changes after Feb 6 require PMC approval (2 votes) (Official Ganymede RC2 date is Feb 11, we are declaring early)
- Feb 13 - final build
- Feb 18 - 3.0.4 GA
Bug Lists for 3.0.4
- All 3.0.4 Hotbugs (~0)
- Current 3.0.4 & 2.0.4 targeted bugs (~110, ~90,~29, ~13?)
Test underway for M5.
M5 New and Noteworthy?
Issues to watch moving up to M5 prereqs
- "Breaking changes" in EMF (see bug 262051).
- ICU bundle changing to "4.0" level.
- Common Navigator changes: do some ?extra? testing?
- PREBUILD notification? (not sure of status).
- FileLocator URI form changed. Do we still have hacks for NL lookup?
Adjusted schedule, based on Platform's proposed schedule.
Normally, our milestone are one week after the Platform's delivery. Exceptions noted below.
- 3.0.1 Early Maintenance Release Aug 15
- M1 -> Aug 22 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release)
- 3.0.2 Coordinated Maintenance Release Sep 24
- M2 -> Sept 26 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release) (updated)
- M3 -> Nov 7 (short milestone, since "making up" for added week above)
- 3.0.3 Early Maintenance Release Nov 14
- M4 -> Dec 19
- M5 -> Feb 6
- 3.0.4 Coordinated Maintenance Release Feb 25
- (EclipseCon March 23-27)
- M6 -> Mar 20 Feature Complete, API Freeze, UI Freeze, NLS, Accessibility
- M7 -> May 8 Performance tuning, documentation, bug fixing
- RC1 -> May 22 Serious bugs only, focus on stability.
- RC2 -> May 29 WTP will likely not participate in an RC2, based on feedback from last year that RC2 came too soon, needed more fixing, less testing
- RC3 -> Jun 5 Very serious bugs only.
- RC4 -> Jun 12 Very very serious bugs only.
- RC5 -> Jun 19 Hopefully no changes from RC4. Prepare web pages, update sites, etc.
- GA -> Jun 24
Bug List for 3.1
- Still targeted to M5? (~36)
Kathy: Keith Chong taking on web services work, Kathy delegating voting to him when she's not available.
What to do about weekly heartbeat?
- Have no lock down period on a weekly basis.
- Have 24 hour window for re-spins for blocking bugs.
And, keep our "must test" rule before declaring a build. Even if someone is late on testing, the code stream moves on. These means if a "blocker" is found after that 24 hour window, we simply may not declare a build that week. (Obviously, the rules are a little different for milestones, and releases!, but I think that's understood).
I'd propose we keep the emphasis on finishing by end-of-day Friday, at latest, and not spanning the weekend in an "unknown" state.
Hence Thursday morning to Friday morning ... always locked down. Say 3 AM to 3 AM (Eastern)?
Smoke test results still due by Friday at 3:00 PM at latest.
- Any other proposals?
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
The minutes of the meetings are posted. Next meeting is next Monday same time. See details on the wiki page: WTP Performance Tests
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
- Planning M5 and working on 3.0.4
Introducing Elson Yuen
- Ongoing triage of incoming and existing bugs.
- Fixing and verifying bugs.
- JPT 2.0
- Working on:
- EclipseLink support
- Bugs for M7
- Working on:
- Feature exceptions
- Bug Fixes
- In general, the minimum requirement is that if you branch a plug-in, you need to branch all the plug-ins in the corresponding map file. This is to make it easier for others to know what to load, to "be current" in a maintenance branch. It is fine to branch everything in a sub-project if you choose to, but still need to correspond to what's in a map file, and the map file should be updated to explain what it's used for. Map files can be re-organized some, if that helps make it easier to organize and understand what teams are working on what.
- The names for branches should follow the pattern of 'R3_0_maintenance'. This will be the name for all 3.0.x maintenance work (not just the first, 3.0.1 maintenance work). Note that JSF and JPA code may use R2_0_maintenance, but their map files, will still be branched using R3_0_maintenance.
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web Tools Web Site Development.
- Bug Day
- Monitor and participate in Bug Day if you would like.
- Mark any applicable bugs with keyword "bugday", but only if you'll have a representative on hand to respond through Bugzilla or in IRC
- Current WTP Bug Day bugs (~53)
- Project Meta data, for Project leads, especially, see "information about ..." from your subproject web page left nav bar.
- Go to Foundation Portal
- Login with committer ID
- Click on "[maintain] Project Info meta-data"
- Changes coming to IP Log management (more automated, but more for Project Leads to do?): See Development Resources/Automatic IP Log