Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Vorto / Describing Devices
Model Editing and Sharing Options:
1. Eclipse Vorto Toolset (current)
2. Any text editor + Vorto Command Line Interface (near future)
3. Web-based editor (far future) Mockup about a Web-based Information Model Editor
Here is an overview about how devices can be described using Eclipse Vorto. There are three elements that can be used to create device descriptions:
- Entities allow to define all kinds of complex data types. In particular entities can be used to represent data and their semantics.
- Functionblocks represent reusable building blocks that group specific properties and functionalities of device parts.
- Information Models represent a specific devices by grouping functionblocks.
Please find more information about the described elements by clicking on the links above.