Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Stardust/Knowledge Base/Java API
NOTE to authors: Please make sure to specify the version on which the example was tested. All version numbers < 7.0 refer to the Infinity Process Platform (IPP)
NOTE: The ServiceFactory caches the authenticated Stardust services for the user. For use in a production environment it is important that the clients cache the ServiceFactory per user. Not caching the ServiceFactory means that a new login will be performed for every interaction with the engine.
Process and Activity Instance Lifecycle
- Stardust Workflow Service in Action
- Starting a Process
- Activating and completing an Activity
- Aborting an Activity
- Delegating an Activity
- Suspending an Activity
- Fetching the User Work List
- Submitting Process Data
- Start a process
- Complete an Activity
- Attaching a document to a process instance
- Linking two process instances
Monitoring, Events and Event Actions
- Event Binding - binding and unbinding event handler via the API
- Binding a Process Timer Through API
- Dynamic Event Binding dynamic event binding of a process timer event
- IWorklistMonitor Example Implementation - sending push notifications or triggering other system activity when a worklist content changes
- IPartitionMonitor Example Implementation - triggering participant synchronization or other system activity when a new model is deployed or deleted or when users are created, enabled or disabled
- Querying Worklists - querying different user, user group, role or organization worklists based on different predicates
- Querying Worklist Utility - a utility program to provide a list of WorkItems (Activity Instances) for a given combination of user, partition, role and department
- Querying Worklow and Runtime Information - querying e.g. model information, users having a certain role, the logged in user,...
- Querying Users entitled to perform an Activity - Querying Users with grants to perform a certain activity or activity instance.
- Querying Activity Instance List - querying e.g. Activity Instance List, Activity Instance having a certain state,...
- Generating Role/Grant-based Stardust API Queries
- Checking if a user has specific role
- Fetching organization of Provider Model
- Fetching PI and AI Historical Events
- Checking Activity Event and Hibernate initially Status
- Queries related to Audit Trail Partitions, e.g. listing existing partitions
- Process Instance Queries - querying for process instances satisfying various search criteria
- Process Definition Queries - querying for process definitions satisfying various search criteria
- Status of a Process Instance
- History of a ProcessInstance
- Listing Data Mappings of an Activity
- Exposing REST service
Organizational Structure & Authorizations