Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Papyrus IC/Architecture/MoM/2018-05-15 Architecture Committee Minutes
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Topics
- 2.1 Welcome: Ansgar (CEA)
- 2.2 UML2 And Photon
- 2.3 Collaborative meetings
- 2.4 Task Forces
- 2.5 Release train for Papyrus
- 2.6 Additional topics
- Rémi (chair)
- Ernesto (Zeligsoft)
- Keith (OneFact)
- Ansgar (CEA)
- Per (Combitech)
Next Phone call: July 3rd, 2018, 4PM
Welcome: Ansgar (CEA)
UML2 And Photon
- PIC Architecture Committee decided to help UML2 project staying on simrel. UML2 in Photon
- Initial evaluation for relevant bugs from Eclipse UML2 Bugzilla with CEA - EclipseSource
- Triage by interest: must-do / nice to have / no interest
- File:Bugs UML2 - Photon list.pdf
- 1st phase achieved (gerrit activated, Tycho based build). Initial set of Gerrit reviewed by Kenn
- Next phase: Photon.0 release. Kenn to review all proposed contributions.
No other contributions?
- volunteers: Ernesto & Philip
- PM committee decide for lower priorities
Ansgar: Next year plan
- Roadmap for Photon (see Photon)
- Next version: 4.0.
- API: need some major improvements
- Copy and Paste issues (Antonio) - news?
- Currently up-to-date
Philip: DSML task force
Philip/Ernesto: Textual / graphical modeling
- No news
Per/Rémi: Dependency management, dependencies from Papyrus
- no update on that task
Release train for Papyrus
- Oxygen.3: released (End of March 2018)
- Oxygen.4 (not in simultaneous release train, only on official Papyrus updates): planned for end of May 2018 Oxygen.4 plan
Photon Plan - +3 binary build date
- M7: May 16th, 2018
- RC1: May 23rd, 2018
- RC2: May 30th, 2018
- RC3: June 6th, 2018
- RC4: June 13th, 2018 - to be release as Photon if OK
- Release engineering
- No proposals yet. CEA is running the releng on its own
- Release train for Photon +1 (Rémi)
- feedback from CEA?
- Photon & Oxygen: Minor release and API breakage (Ernesto)
- Brought up by Charles in February
- This topic came because it could break the Papyrus-RT builds
- Quentin & Ernesto discussed on the technical aspect
- Issue from Junit tests => issue mostly resolved (from Photon, JUnit plugins will be released - initial problem fixed)
- 20 plugins with major API changes
- Papyrus community version?
- Specific branches for specific subprojects/users
- To be raised to product management and/or steering committee?