Jump to: navigation, search

DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 6-Sep-2006

< DSDP‎ | TM
Meeting Title: TM Committer Phone Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Sep 6, 2006 at 8.30am Rochester / 9.30am Toronto / 2.30pm London / 3.30pm Salzburg
Dial-in: Martin to start a Skype conference - you'll be called:
Skype martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal_munir, javier.montalvoorus

Fixed-line fallback dial-in:

  • International +1 314-655-1411
  • North America +1 877-422-0035 (toll free)
  • Passcode: 764918

Attendees

  • IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight (Kushal Munir on vacation)
  • Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
  • Wind River - Martin Oberhuber

Agenda

  • Our top goals
    • Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
    • Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
    • Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
  • Latest News
    • Martin -- No news; Javiers stuff not yet committed
    • DaveD -- JUnit adapted to refactorings; will look at M4 bugs
    • DaveM -- Refactored UI/Non-UI: "Organize Imports" should be sufficient for client code
    • Kushal -- vacation
    • Javier -- just returned from vacation; vote on Ted as committer
    • Other News --
  • Upcoming Work
    • M4 bugs: PLEASE REVIEW M4 BUGS!!
    • Inbox: REVIEW Assigned to Inbox
    • Timing: Martin on vacation most of October; Release Review Sept.27, M5 is Sept.22
      • P1/P2 bugs MUST be fixed by Sept. 15!
      • Fallback for Martin on the Sep27 presentation: DaveD or Michael Scharf
    • Source Code Style & Cleanness
      • Compiler Warnings: See Committer Howto
        • When you change a code, please make it warning-free before checkin (but dont go and chase compilerwarnings yet)
        • Target VM is Java-1.4 with the satandard settings (i.e. no assert unless set up in build.properties)
      • Code Ownership -- See (and edit) DSDP/TM/Code Ownership
      • Code Style and Format -- defer to next week
    • Change Requests -- defer to next week
    • Features: Jakarta-commons, JUnit-framework, Discovery, EFS-Experimental, WR-Terminal (bug 152826)
      • Jakarta-commons still important for Symbian
      • Discovery: Martin to hook up with Javier directly for initial checkin
    • Refactorings: DaveM did most important stuff; consider "finished" for now, continue with hi-pri bugs
      • Martin to fix ISV docs and document the changes in build notes
      • Subsystem Factory vs. Configuration: Please rename *factory to *configuration whenever you see it (Javadoc, local variables, parameter names)
    • API Things
      • Martin did some minor extension point cleanup (rename), see build notes of N-builds
      • Service Error Reporting - bug 149472 - DaveD - API ok so far, final resolution? --> Create new different bug id for that one.
      • Parallel Services - bug 142478 all queries in background - DaveM
      • SystemRegistry.createHost for Javier
        • bug 150168 dont commit immediately - DaveD
          • Javier: not important at the moment; DaveD: probably fixed already
        • bug 150265 allow specifying subsystem types - DaveM to discuss with Javier once discovery is committed
          • Example: 1 Host providing shell and FTP (different categories)
          • Problem: createHost() only creates a host with 1 service -- See video for service discovery, DaveM to take a look at it
          • Need createHost() with a list of services
          • Look at this again next week
      • Making stuff internal - ssh, ftp: Martin; Core: List of candidates from DaveD?
    • Cleanup: API Doc (duplicates in interface and implementation!), JUnit tests, Context help, Test Plans, RSE-7-migration-docs, Copyrights, licenses, Tutorial code in Javadoc
    • Bug Work - please observe priorities
    • Legal: JUnit (next monday?); Jakarta-commons (deferred!); WR Terminalview (passed!)
  • Other items
    • Manual test plans - in work by Martin
    • EFS Experimental feature to be created by Martin
  • Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics


Action Items

  • Last Meeting Action Items
  • DaveD - Edit Code Ownership; JUnit, Review bugs assigned to M4, Hi-Pri bugs. Checkin mappings.csv, New bug for moving DTD, Send "Team" test plans to Martin. SystemRegistry API. Team fixes: Check collapsing persistence Properties nodes to fewer files. Compile a list of suggestions for making classes / packages internal.
  • DaveM - Edit Code Ownership; Hi-pri bugs; get rid of Service calls on UI thread; hygiene changes
  • Kushal - Hi-pri bugs; send file encoding test resources to martin; review & get rid of rseConfigDefaults; talk to Don about persistenceProvider
  • Martin - Fixup & document refactorings; Release Review Slides, Manual test plan, Hi-pri bugs; Hook up with WickedShell; EFS feature, Add Discovery, Build scripts for CDT and Discovery, API Review, Jakarta-commons, WR-terminalview; Review if IShellService is sufficient for terminal
  • Javier - Discovery initial checkin; hook up with Scott Lewis once SD is committed
  • Everyone - List obsolete API on RSE 2.0 Planning page

Next Meeting