DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 13-Sep-2006
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday Sep 13, 2006 at 8.30am Rochester / 9.30am Toronto / 2.30pm London / 3.30pm Salzburg|
|Dial-in:|| Martin to start a Skype conference - you'll be called:|
Skype martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal_munir, javier.montalvoorus
Fixed-line fallback dial-in:
- International +1 314-655-1411
- North America +1 877-422-0035 (toll free)
- Passcode: 764918
- IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orús
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber (Ted Williams - on Build Symposion)
- Our top goals
- Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
- Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
- Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
- Latest News
- Martin -- Set up Test Planning page, Finished Release Review Draft
- DaveD -- Spent some time on automating tests; problem is that the Framework tries to do everything in the background; Reviewed M4 bugs; Finished IBM work, full time for openRSE now
- DaveM -- Drag&Drop / Filetransfer: will look at Navigator PluginTransfer next; might mark it as missing feature for 1.0; will have full time openRSE now
- Kushal -- got the code for removing rseConfigDefaults, will attach a migration guide to a bug; passwordPersistence: an IBM team wants the Preference Page - They have customers that have other tooling which makes use of this - bug are OK with removing the extension point as long as the page remains the same.
- Javier -- Checked in SD in CVS (org.eclipse.tm.core/discovery); feature for Update Site missing; DaveM has problems, version of EMF? DaveD could do testing, if we decide we want an official
- Ted -- This week at Europa Build Symposion; maybe move the meeting 1 hour later
- Other News --
- Upcoming Work
- Bug Work is top priority now!
- M4 bugs: PLEASE REVIEW M4 BUGS!!
- New bugs: REVIEW Assigned to Inbox, Status NEW
- P1/P2 bugs MUST be fixed by Sept. 15!
- Source Code Style & Cleanness
- Missing / Incomplete Copyrights: Please use the Releng tool from the bottom of the Eclipse 3.2 Download Page - See "6. Fix Copyrights"
- Compiler Warnings: See Committer Howto
- Code Ownership - DSDP/TM/Code Ownership
- DaveD would prefer to have clear ownership
- Goal: Encourage integrity of the design, the owner is responsible for a solid extendible design
- Even non-owners can make bug fixes, but please let the owner know
- Dont make design-breaking changes without letting the owner know
- Might add a backup person
- Code owners should triage bugs in a timely fashion
- Ownership table as help for dispatching bugs
- Ownership for cross-package functionality is possible, e.g. File Encodings
- Code Style and Format -- defer to next week
- Change Requests
- Default colors for command view - white background, black or dark blue foreground
- Remove rseConfigDefaults extension point - Kushal
- Remove passwordPersistence extension point - Kushal
- Deprecated getRemoteProperty() --> Document property namespaces, reserve "org.eclipse.rse" namespace
- Features: Jakarta-commons/Net, JUnit-framework, Discovery, EFS-Experimental, WR-Terminal (bug 152826)
- Refactorings: DaveM did most important stuff; consider "finished" for now, continue with hi-pri bugs
- Kushal IConnectorService --> if we can afford after addressing hi-pri bugs
- Kushal rseConfigDefaults
- Kushal passwordPersistence
- API Things
- Service Error Reporting - bug 149472 - DaveD - API ok so far, final resolution? --> Create new different bug id for that one.
- Parallel Services - bug 142478 all queries in background - DaveM
- SystemRegistry.createHost for Javier
- bug 150168 dont commit immediately - DaveD
- Javier: not important at the moment; DaveD: probably fixed already
- bug 150265 allow specifying subsystem types - DaveM
- Example: 1 Host providing shell and FTP (different categories)
- Problem: createHost() only creates a host with 1 service -- See video for service discovery, DaveM to take a look at it
- Need createHost() with a list of services
- Can wait until hi-pri bugs are fixed.
- bug 150168 dont commit immediately - DaveD
- Making stuff internal - ssh, ftp: Martin; Core: List of candidates from DaveD?
- Cleanup: API Doc (duplicates in interface and implementation!), JUnit tests, Context help, Test Plans, RSE-7-migration-docs, Copyrights, licenses
- Other items
- Tutorial: Update at the end of the release process, change instructions (re-use example code: We dont want to teach PDE)
- Manual test plans - in work by Martin
- EFS Experimental feature to be created by Martin
- Vacations, Holidays etc.
- Martin - 2 weeks once the baby is here (around Oct.3, but could also be any time now)
- DaveD taking Oct.12-13 off
- Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD - Sign up on RSE 1.0 Testing page, Hi-Pri bugs. Edit Code Ownership. JUnit. Checkin mappings.csv, New bug for moving DTD, Send "Team" test plans to Martin. SystemRegistry API. Team fixes: Check collapsing persistence Properties nodes to fewer files. Compile a list of suggestions for making classes / packages internal.
- DaveM - Sign up on RSE 1.0 Testing page, Hi-pri bugs; get rid of Service calls on UI thread; hygiene changes
- Kushal - Hi-pri bugs; refactoring IConnectorService; send file encoding test resources to martin; review & get rid of rseConfigDefaults; talk to Don about passwordPersistence
- Martin - Manual test plan, Hi-pri bugs; EFS feature, Build scripts for CDT and Discovery, API Review, Jakarta-commons, WR-terminalview; Review if IShellService is sufficient for terminal
- Javier - Hook up with Scott Lewis once SD is committed
- Ted - Sign up on RSE 1.0 Testing page; Report about Build Symposion