Jump to: navigation, search

COSMOS ME Minutes 10JUN08

Logistics

  • Date: 10JUN08
  • Time: 11AM EST
  • Attendees: Chris Mildebrandt, Charlie Halloran, David Whiteman, Mark McCraw, Merri Jensen, Josh Hester, Jeff Hamm, Robert DeMason, Julia McCarthy, Rich Masconi, Jason Losh (late)

Agenda

  1. i11 status updates
  2. Follow-up on action items
    • Jason to commit SAS zip extractor code, Mark to change packages to align with COSMOS requirements.
      • Update from Jason: to be done this week
    • Continue work on SDD for COSMOS.
      • Update from Jason: Picking this back up this week
    • Jason to start documenting the Runtime similar to doc Chris has created for SDD Tooling (need URL).
      • Update from Jason: In progress. Jeff has done a nice job updating the design document.
    • Eric to enter any additional Tooling ERs for i11.
    • Charlie to set up another meeting with P2 Equinox team.
      • I believe Charlies is out today (6/10)
    • SDD User Guide?
      • Update from Jason: SDD user guide should be removed. We have nothing substantive to document yet. We/I need to write the COSMOS installation guide for the current install process, however.
    • Discuss Runtime design documentation.
  3. Runtime architecture discussion based on Julia's feedback

Time permitting … alignment/integration topics

  1. P2/SDD runtime alignment
    • Charlie to provide an update on scheduling a meeting to discuss P2/SDD again
  2. SML/CML/SDD/OVF alignment
    • Pending discussion between Mark W. and Jason. No update yet.
  3. CMDBf integration
    • Tee this as a future discussion item as well. May not be covered in this call.

Minutes

  1. The i11 finish date is tomorrow. This date already was delayed a week, so it will not be pushed out any further.
  2. Mark has not finished zip extractor changes.
  3. No updates for Eric.
  4. Jeff has been updating wiki, but hasn't finished the most recent updates.
  5. Charlie sent email to Pascal hasn't heard anything, may set up the meeting for him. Friday around 1 PM after Summit mtg.
  6. Users guide has been moved to "future".
  7. Document has been updated but hasn't been posted.
    • Summary of Changes
      • Removed Change Builder and Change Parser
      • Is part of that the same as SPI that has already been committed, Jeff thinks so. SDD Handler in diagram, description may need to be augmented.
      • System Checker has been removed. Function of the Orchastrator, rather than a separate entity. Each of the interfaces should be able to communicate system info. Wording enhanced.
      • Resource Handler interface is gone, merged into I/O Handler interface. Simplifies the interfaces somewhat.
      • Concept of a Service Bus is called out so that it is clear that a common interface connects the Handlers to the Orchastrator.
      • Operations Handler & I/O handler have capability to process custom code.
    • Additional Questions and Discussion
      • Charlie - do dependencies get checked by the change analyzer or does it get it through one of the interfaces. Julia - Change resolver using the query handler interface.
      • Julia - Keep Change Analyzer and Change Resolver loosely bound. They can be used separately, and could implement separate interfaces into them.
      • Jason - may not want to have Change Resolver tightly coupled with Orchastrator.
        • Julia likes the changes alot.
    • Operations Handler interface focused on processing a single artifact, even though it says "operations". Jeff, yes that is his thinking. Jason says that the Orchastrator will make multiple calls to Operations Handler.
      • Julia - Should there be a Change Executor (where change builder was going) that does the execution of each artifact that has the big picture view of what needs to be done and when to stop. Separate from Orchastrator? Loosely coupled.
      • Julia - Internal pieces to the Orchastrator should also be "replaceable" also, as long as they are loosely coupled and the interfaces designed well, someone might want to replace it with something more sofisticated etc.
  8. SDD/OVF alignment, trying to come up with example deployments where things can align, but don't have anything concrete yet. Jason to chat with Mark W. more. Tee discussion up with Brent also for OASIS TC calls.
  9. Nothing to add on CMDBf integration.
  10. Prepare Enhancements for i12 and map it back to a Use Case; if there isn't one, it will need to be created. Iteration i12 Plan
  11. Design Review meeting from Ruth?

Action Items

  1. Jason to commit SAS zip extractor code, Mark to change packages to align with COSMOS requirements.
  2. Continue work on SDD for COSMOS.
  3. Jason to start documenting the Runtime similar to doc Chris has created for SDD Tooling (need URL).
  4. Eric to enter any additional Tooling ERs for i11.
  5. Charlie to set up another meeting with P2 Equinox team.
  6. SDD User Guide?
  7. Discuss Runtime design documentation.