Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting
- 2 Release / Build status
- 3 Bug and Feature Highlights
- 4 Project scrum section
- 5 Other business - Long term tracking items
- 6 References
WTP Development Status Meeting
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
- Happy Halloween!
- Welcome to Thanh Ha, the latest committer to WTP Releng!
(Weekly Google Calendar)
For Kepler/Luna overall dates, see the Simultaneous Release Calendar
Release / Build status
WTP 3.6: Luna
- 10/31 Normal I-build
- 11/07 M3 candidate build
Luna Schedule(From Eclipse Luna Simultaneous_Release_Plan)
Elapsed Weeks End Date Span from +0 for RC0 for EPP avail M1 Friday, August 23, 2013 08/09 to 08/23 6 8 (from previous release GA) M2 Friday, October 04 09/20 to 10/04 6 6 (from M1) M3 Friday, November 15 11/01 to 11/15 6 6 (from M2) M4 Friday, December 20 12/13 to 12/20 6 5 (from M3) (shift from 2 week window to 1 week window) M5 Friday, January 31, 2014 01/24 to 01/31 6 6 (from M4) (plan to "lose" a week for end-of-year holidays) M6 Friday, March 14 03/07 to 03/14 6 6 (from M5) EclipseCon! (03/17 to 03/20) M7 Friday, May 09 05/02 to 05/09 8 8 (from M6) (extra week(s) for EclipseCon) RC1 Friday, May 23 05/16 to 05/23 2 2 (from M7) RC2 Friday, May 30 05/23 to 05/30 1 1 (from RC1) RC3 Friday, June 06 05/30 to 06/06 1 1 (from RC2) RC4 Friday, June 13 06/06 to 06/13 1 1 (from RC3) Quiet week, June 16 to June 20 (no builds during "quiet week", assumed all code is done by end of RC4 Release Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Bug and Feature Highlights
Focus on Quality
- Major or higher severity bugs by project (This week - 130, last week - 133)
- Targeted to Future (candidates for severity downgrade?) (Total - 69, last week - 69)
- Untargeted bugs and enhancements with patches attached over 7 days old (This week - 50, Last week - 51)
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened over 7 days ago (This week - 54, Last week - 52)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
Release Bug Review
Blockers, Hot-Bugs, Hot-Features
- Sending information for hot feature procedure to mailing list and forum later today
Project scrum section
- Each project answers
- What are you working on?
- What are you planning for next week?
WTP Common Tools
- This week: bug work
- Next week: TBD
Dali Java Persistence Tools
- This week: bug work
- Next week: bug work
WTP EJB & Java EE Tools
- This week: Delivered some community submitted patches and a few other small fixes. Cleaned up old bugzillas.
- Next week: Review/deliver other community submitted patches.
- This week: Bug triage, planning.
- Next week: Bug fixes.
- This week: looking at feature 344543
- Next week: TBD
WTP Source Editing
- This week: Fairly quiet
- Next week: Patch reviews, some feature work
Web Services Tools
- This week: Fixed 417117
- Next week: Bug fixes
- This week: Added committers, made the first WTP 3.5.1 patch public
- Next week: Prepare for WTP 3.6 M3 declare, work on CBI build
Other business - Long term tracking items
- Recommended mailing list [ide-dev]
- Very good discussion around moving the platform forward, quality of the eclipse offerings(packages), development and release processes etc...
- CBI -
- Our plan dates are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for some "Simultaneous Release" due dates ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'll not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
- Hotbug Policy
- Hotfeature Policy
- See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.