WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
- Cool stuff coming up:
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2011)
For Indigo/Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
3.2.3 builds are running on R3_2_maintenance maps (and R2_3_maintenance for Dali)
- Still needs work on releng tests and exact distribution zips
- 10/29 Declared M-build <== next week!
- 11/05 Declared M-build
- 11/19 Declared M-build
- 12/03 Declared M-build
- 12/17 Declared M-build
- 01/07 Declared M-build
- 01/14 Declared M-build [contributed to Helios SR2 RC1 +2 due on 01/19]
- PMC +1 review from 01/14 to 01/28
- 01/21 Declared M-build
- 01/28 Declared M-build [contributed to Helios SR2 RC2 +2 due on 02/02]
- PMC +2 review from 01/28 to 02/04
- 02/04 Declared M-build [contributed to Helios SR2 RC3 +2 due on 02/09]
- PMC +3 review from 02/04 to 02/11
- 02/11 Final M-build [contributed to Helios SR2 RC4 +2 due on 02/16]
- 02/25 Official Release
See "references"  for detailed explanation of what these dates mean.
- Ready to declare latest build?
- Be sure to read/review Eclipse Platform plan
- Project Leads: See subproject plan documents under
- Tip while writing Planning document: be sure to use '&' in place of merely '&' in URL queries
- Initial Planning document by M2
- Iterate/Review plans by M3
- Final Plans by M4
- Lets review Web Tools Platform Plans
- improve Java EE 6 support
- e4 (Eclipse 4.1) tolerance (no exploitation of non compatible function planned)
- Objective is to work with both Platform 3.7 and 4.1 (with only one set of compiled code ... compiled against 3.7)
Other Candidate Themes?
Anyone interested in these? Resources available? Do they cross projects, or just enhancement to one or two?
- Maven enablement support (at least make more friendly for maven users, if not direct support)
- OSGi enterprise support
- Any items from "top 10" list of problems to focus on. deadlocks? performance? modularity? api? test coverage?
- ... ?
8/13 WTP M1
9/24 WTP M2
11/4 WTP M3
- Do we need a feature patch in webtools/helios/repository for bug 321602. Is it a blocker? (in effect) Is it a regression? (since which release?)
- Is a regression since Galileo ... just not noticed in Helios initial release. Starts to effect performance with as few as 3 or so projects. Will investigate.
- [No action yet]
- Final? status of archived repo: I did separate code and tests repositories, zipped repos now distinct.
- [Need followup not to wtp-dev]
- Our plan dates are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for some "Simultaneous Release" due dates ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'll not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.