- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2008-01-10
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2008-01-10
Kathy, DaveC, BobF, Raghu, Helen, DavidW, Carl, Larry, Phil, Kaloyan, Neil, Angel, Amy, Valentin, Tim
Announcements And Reports
Change in committers server coming David: Will try to get through over the weekend
Focus on Backlog and Quality metrics (Neil)
- Neil: Untargeted Enhancement is still the focus
Common made good progress Comp leads for J2EE, WebServices, XML please take a look at outstanding ones Take a look at untargeted bugs with patches attached as a up coming item Untargeted bugs with patches is a small number May need to bump up the date 6 months?
- David: Might be better to stay on current ones if moving up dates will double the #
- Neil: will have an updated report for next week
- Valentin: Possible to split between community and committers
- Neil: Not easy, will take a look
- Current Focus Item:
- Untargeted Enhancements opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 100; Currently ~ 85)
- Before July 1st, 2007 - 145
- Options are
- Invalid - Enhancement does not fit with the scope of the project or is already implemented.
- helpwanted keyword - This is a valid request, but due to committer resources and other priorities, outside help will be needed to make this happen.
- Future - I would use this in conjunction with the helpwanted keyword. I use this for legitimate requests that are important but will not make any planned release, but likely will make a future release.
- Upcoming Focus Item:
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 38; Currently ~ 36)
- Before July 1st, 2007 - 55
- Past Focus Items:
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 2; Currently ~ 0)
- Before July 1st, 2007 - 21
- Schedule - Details...
- Last M Build Jan 18
- Feb 1 RC1
- Feb 15 RC2 (RC2 bugs need PMC approval 1 votes)
- Feb 22 RC3 (if necessary, RC3 need PMC approval 2 votes)
- Feb 29 2.0.2 GA
- WTP 2.0.2 bi-weekly M build M-2.0.2-20071222060852 declared last week.
- Bug Lists
- All Remaining 2.0.2 Targeted Bugs (~48)
- 2.0.2 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 2.0.2 Hot Bugs (~1)
- 2.0.2 Bugs for PMC Approval (~0)
- 2.0.2 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 2.0.2 Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 2.0.2 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~70)
- 2.0.2 Dali Total Bugs Fixed (~4)
- 2.0.2 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~19) By Assignee
WTP 3.0 M5
- our +2 date: Monday, February 18 2008
- Final Code released by Feb 8th
- Plan 01/07 - 01/11
- Development 01/14 - 02/08
- Test 02/11 - 02/15
- Bug Lists
- 3.0 Invalid Targeted Bugs (~9)
- 3.0 M5 Targeted Bugzilla Enhancements (~3)
- All Remaining 3.0 Targeted Enhancements (~186)
- 3.0 M5 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~13)
- 3.0 M5 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 3.0 M5 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 3.0 M5 Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 M5 JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~80)
- 3.0 M5 JPT Dali Bugs Fixed (~2)
- 3.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~1)
- 3.0 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~29) By Assignee
- Need IP CQs by 1/15. Any besides the following?
- xerces 2.9.1
- Review and finalize next week:
- WTP 3.0 Ramp down Plan for Ganymede
- freeze API, UI, features by M6, meaning PMC approval is needed post freeze, team leads please review, we'll go through it next week
- Notes from previous meeting
- Project leads, please complete M4 New and Noteworthy as soon as possible.
- JSF => Raghu will add info there
- Dali JPA => will be removed
- Source Editing => will be removed
- Team leads: All triaged bugs in inbox should be cleaned up
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- Shutting down M4
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
- Ongoing triage of incoming and existing bugs/RFEs.
- Planning for M5.
- Planning for M3
- Property Editor prototype
- JSPX support investigation
- XHTML support investigation
- Branching Strategy
- Please review and comment on the WTP How to: Branching Policy and Practices guide.
- In general, the minimum is if you branch a plug-in to branch all the plug-ins in the corresponding map file. It is fine to branch everything if you choose as well. We may need to reorganize map files slightly and we can investigate that on a case by case basis. This is intended to be a living document and open to evolutions and improvements.
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web Tools Web Site Development.
- The next Bug Day is December 28th, participation is voluntary.
- Mark any applicable bugs with keyword "bugday", but only if you'll have a representative on hand to respond through Bugzilla or in IRC
- Current WTP Bug Day bugs (~53)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~166)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (~120)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (~1299)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (~3168)
- All WTP Future Bugs (~89)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~219)
- All API Requests (~11)