Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
This page covers how to get started with Triquetrum.
There are at least two ways to get started with Triquetrum:
- Building From Sources, which is for people who will collaborate on Triquetrum
- Downloads, which is for people who want to use Triquetrum
Select a workspace
When Triquetrum starts up, you will be prompted to Select a workspace:
The Welcome Pane
The Eclipse Application may show a welcome window, which you can close.
The first Triquetrum window
You will then see a fresh Triquetrum window:
Create a Triquetrum Project
Triquetrum is based on a project model, so first we create a project:
- Right click on the Project Explorer tab
- Select New -> Project -> General -> Project
- Click on Next
- Enter the name of your project. We chose ``MyProject``.
- Click on Finish
- Your project will appear in the Package Explorer tab
Create a Workflow
The next step is to create a workflow:
- In the Package Explorer, right click on MyProject, the newly created project
- Select New -> Other and the Select a wizard dialog appears:
- In the Select a wizard dialog, in the Diagram Type drop down, select Triquetrum workflow model:
- Click on Next
- Enter the name of the workflow, the default of newDiagram is fine.
- In Triquetrum, a tab called newDiagram should appear:
Build and Run A Model
- Drag a Const, Display and SDF director from the right side into the newDiagram pane.
- Then drag from the Const output port to the Display input port.
- Then click on the background of the diagram so that the relation changes from an orange dashed line to a blue solid line:
- Save the model.
- Click the green run arrow in the upper left tool bar.
- Look in the Console tab of the Eclipse that was used to launch Triquetrum. A line showing the run time and memory should appear:
398 ms. Memory: 440320K Free: 359309K (82%)
- To change the name of an actor, highlight the actor name in the model and type in a new name
- To change a parameter, double click on the actor and select the parameter:
Double-click does not always work
Next step: See Opening A Model.
- Back to Triquetrum