Skip to main content
- Alexandre Montplaisir (EfficiOS)
- Jonathan Rajotte (EfficiOS)
- Patrick Tassé (Ericsson)
- Matthew Khouzam (Ericsson)
- Marc-André Laperle (Ericsson)
- Jean-Christian Kouamé (Ericsson)
- Geneviève Bastien (Polytechnique)
Go over action items of last meeting
- Alex pushed a MAINTAINERS.md file to the git repo. It lists the current component maintainers.
- Geneviève investigated how Eclipse plugins can be packaged and deployed.
- p2 sites, can be hosted anywhere with an HTTP server
- Marketplace, that is for Eclipse stuff only though
- Eventual git trees and p2 sites could be on the project's download area at Eclipse, if needed
Committer definition and expectations
- Matthew will do a write-up of the document and propose it to the others so it can be reviewed.
New default perspective
- Matthew presented the new perspective proposal.
- Geneviève will do a review of the Kibana tool, which apparently offers a great out-of-the-box experience.
Expanding JUL logging integration
- We could eventually implement a special handlers to defers certain log calls (like warnings and above) to also log to the Error Log.
- For now we will keep both APIs separate, so some places might have calls to both LOGGER.warning() and Activator.logWarning() for example.
- Same with existing Eclipse tracing trace points (which is used for requests, signals, etc.)
- Marc-André mentioned we could implement, and push to Eclipse upstream, a configuration window to configure the JUL setting, similar to the one used for Eclipse tracing. This would be more user-friendly than having to tweak a text file every time.
Status updates of the various parties
- Alex is working on next/previous feature, and is reviewing Simon's UstDebugInfo patch, and Loïc's state system patches.
- Jonathan is working on the Pin & Clone feature, and did a quick demo.
- Updating flame graph model
- Futex analysis
- Investigating which LTTng features are missing in the Control view
- Graphically create and edit XML state systems (Simon Delisle's masters)
- Apply filter within latency views
- Finish persisting table column sizes
- Support default timestamp format in text parsers
- Publish JUL-Trace Compass analysis
- Patch for custom parser fields
- Review Gabriel's patches about custom-charts-from-any-data-source
- Matthew to do a write-up about committer roles, definition and expectations.
- Alex to do a blog post about Trace Compass UST-JUL tracing