|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, Feb 6, 2019, at 11:00 EST|
|Dial in:|| Topic: Planning Council Meeting
Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/928841320
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,928841320# or +14086380968,,928841320#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)： US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 Canada: +1 647 558 0588 France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 Meeting ID: 928 841 320 International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=DufCm8dm7aEOYkLMWpY6qLgJMUtWhOnf
Planning Council Chair: Melanie Bats
- Wayne Beaton
- Frederic Gurr
- Mikael Barbero
- CA Technologies
- CEA LIST
- Fujitsu Limited
- IBM (Thomas Watson)
- Obeo (Melanie Bats)
- Oracle (Neil Hauge)
- Payara Services Ltd.
- Red Hat, Inc. (Nick Boldt)
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- SAP SE (Stephan Merker)
- Eclipse Cloud Development PMC (Martin Lippert)
- Eclipse Project PMC (Dani Megert)
- Eclipse Enterprise for Java PMC
- IoT PMC
- Eclipse Modeling Project PMC (Ed Merks)
- Mylyn (Application Lifecycle Tools) PMC (Sam Davis)
- PolarSys PMC
- Eclipse Runtime Project (RT) PMC
- Eclipse Science PMC
- Service Oriented Architecture PMC (Adrian Mos)
- Eclipse Technology PMC (Gunnar Wagenknecht)
- Tools Project PMC (Alexander Kurtakov)
- Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) PMC (Nitin Dahyabhai)
- Appointed (Mikael Barbero)
- Appointed (Markus Knauer)
- Appointed (Mike Milinkovich)
- Appointed (Sopot Cela)
- Appointed (Wayne Beaton)
Previous meeting minutes
- Review previous meeting minutes if you'd like. That is, review them before the meeting, but if questions or issues with previous minutes, this would be a good time to bring them up.
- Actions follow-up
- Next release update
- WildWebDeveloper project joining March SimRel
- June & September schedules
- Mélanie : Prepare the schedule for the June & September releases
- Added to the call agenda for validation : June Plan & September proposal dates
- Mélanie : Contact Wayne & Nick to get follow-up about the following actions
- Wayne: add item to calendar: validate participation list (on March 8); repeat for 2019-06 schedule
- March 8 (Milestone 3) seems too late. Don't recall agreeing to validate at that point (maybe assemble the list, but we need to validate sooner than that). Post to cross-project-issues-dev.
- Wayne : document participation validation process
- The participation requirements section was updated. A note was sent out to cross-project-issues-dev.
- Wayne : make sure that aggrcon file touching is a MUST DO in https://wiki.eclipse.org/SimRel/Simultaneous_Release_Requirements#State_intent_early
- Nick : to talk to Wayne re: automating the validation process via a new job/script hosted on simrel JIPP
- Bash script used by Wayne, manual process.
- Wayne to remove offsets from project pages, but keep it in the simrel release req
- Follow up with web dev gays.
- Wayne : to clean up PMC rep list
- The PMC and Strategic Member representatives are now accurate on the most recent meeting minutes page. Also added appointed members.
- Wayne: prune inactive members, contact members/orgs to find new participants - https://wiki.eclipse.org/Planning_Council/2019-01-09#Strategic_Members
- Given the current focus of the Planning Council, Wayne don't think that we'll be able to get much interest from the companies and TLPs that are missing representatives. Wayne will ask the business development folks about whether or not Robert Bosche might be interested (and maybe CEA List). Eclipse Science may be interested as well; Wayne will send a note to their PMC list. Pretty sure that only Adrian Mos is inactive in the current list. Eclipse SOA should be terminated relatively soon, so just leave it.
Next release update
Business as usual, M2 on Friday, everything is ok. Tiny little change Mickaël Istria opened a bugzilla to remove the index.html as now directory is browsable. It will be removed for the next coming release. Dani asked if there is some news about marketing activities, if Sopot or Thabang are taking care of it ?
WildWebDeveloper project is joining March SimRel in M2.
June & September schedules
Mélanie asked to review the June Plan on the wiki & the September proposal dates on the Google calendar.
- Dani : will send an email to get updates about marketing activities for 2019-03.
- All : Please review the June Plan wiki page and the Google calendar dates for 2019-09. Mélanie will send an email to ask everyone to approve the schedule.Actions follow-up
- All : Review the updates done by Wayne on the participation process.