Here are the steps to update the UML-RT profile and its addendum UMLRT StateMachines
Update the profile itself
It is located in the plugin org.eclipse.papyrusrt.umlrt.profile.
- Edit the *.profile.di file, and do the changes there. Ensure you have the validation profile annotation loaded (Profile selected > Property view > Applications > loaded)
- Ensure the profile validates
- Save and do not generate a definition. These are static profiles, no need to define them to use them
- Reload the genmodel files (Right click on the .genmodel-file > Reload... > OK (etc...)
- Generate static profile code from the genmodels root (open the gen model file > generate model code)
- (Optional) Modify the URI of the profile in the plugin.xml if you made an uncompatible change (as removing a stereotype or a property). Adding elements is not considered as being uncompatible.
- Update profile plugin version number
- Update the tests on the profile
- Update all version numbers for Plugin and dependencies (search and replace is the working solution for now) for plugins, features and releng project
- Currently (0.8.0 version), all version numbers are synchronized to facilitate the deployment
- Search and replace should be done on all files in the whole workspace, with all plugins / features / releng project
- This should impact those files: pom.xml, Manifest.MF,
- Update the validation plugin
- DSML Validation extra from Papyrus should be installed
- Open the Profile Di files with Papyrus
- Right click on the root profile > Generate validation plugin for this profile
- Check the plugin.xml has only correct changes.
- Also check any changes to MANIFEST.MF and build.properties and revert any unnecessary/incorrect changes