Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
EMF Compare/New and Noteworthy/3.3.0
New or Improved Features
Here is a list of all the new or improved features:
-  User can deactivate filters - deactivated filters will not appear in the comparison UI and will have no effect;
-  Introduce MultiplicityElementChange - a new kind of Diff for UML models;
- A preference has been added to allow users to state whether or not their models should be pre-merged in case of conflict during a model merge;
-  Automatic UML profile migration when comparing Papyrus models;
-  Don't show problems tab if only warnings;
-  Improve layout and homogeneity of EMF Compare preference pages;
- A git merge strategy has been added to support Additive Merge - Such a merge will not consider deletions and thus automatically resolve all the conflicts related to deletions (and all the related changes and their consequences) by rejecting the deletions;
- Modification of the display of comparison in the comparison editor.
Here is a list of all the technical changes that you need to be aware of if you use EMFCompare's API or are interested in EMFCompare development.
-  New Test Framework based on annotations - makes it far more simple to write test cases that run with several distinct configurations; - Development now uses Mars or above release, and the whole code has been re-formatted; - The deletion of a container is no longer considered to directly conflict with all the changes on the opposite side that are located underneath the deleted object; - New validation test scenarios that can be replayed manually have been thoroughly described.
The following developers and contributors (in alphabetical order) worked on this release:
- Alexandra Buzila
- Cédric Brun
- Mathieu Cartaud
- Laurent Delaigue
- Simon Delisle
- Stefan Dirix
- Martin Fleck
- Laurent Goubet
- Philip Langer
- Andreas Mayer
- Tanja Mayerhofer
- Edgar Mueller
- Axel Richard