Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 6-Sep-2006
|Meeting Title:||Conference Call on Target Management|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday September 6, 2006 at 9am PST|
|Primary International Dial-in:||+44 (0)1452 567588|
|USA Freephone Dial-In:||+1 (866) 6161738|
|UK National Dial-In:||08712460713|
- Wind River - Doug Gaff, Martin Oberhuber, Ted Williams, Michael Scharf
- IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
- LANL / PTP Project - Greg Watson
- QNX - Doug Schaefer
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo
- ARM - Anthony Berent
- TI - Dobrin Alexey
- Update on RSE Status
- Downloads as per 5-Sep-2006:
- 144 RSE-SDK-1.0M4, 41 rseserver-windows, 23 rseserver-linux; 8 unix, 5 aix, 3 macos;
- 50 from the update site (includes 47 dstore, 46 local, 46 ftp, 45 ssh, 32 SDK)
- Total 194 downloads of RSE!
- Project Plan status
- Docs are now online on the infocenter at http://dsdp.eclipse.org/help/latest/
- Getting the latest RSE is now easy by using the update site at http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/updates/
- A tutorial is now part of the docs / http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/tutorial/
- JUnit framework passed EMO review
- Working on Code Cleanups (Compiler warnings, Javadoc fixes, ...) and bug fixes
- Recent refactorings - see Build Notes of recent nightly builds on http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/downloads/
- Release Review is scheduled for 27-Sep-2006, 8:00 PST. We might need TM advocates to join and say "yes"
- See Eclipse.org-committers announcement for dialin numbers:
- 866-362-7064 or 613-287-8000, participant passcode 874551#
- What's behind schedule
- CDT Launcher
- Jakarta commons-net - EMO approval still pending
- JUnit tests - due to slow legal approval, we now have a framework but no tests yet
- What's being added in addition to the plan
- Community's most wanted - who's working on what?
- Montavista - ssh processes subsystem?
- Wicked Shell
- Mac support: Quite a few fixed, few remaining
- Questions? Requests? - none right now
- Downloads as per 5-Sep-2006:
- Sign up for testing!
- After M5, we need people to walk through the test plans on various different host/target combinations
- Official test period will start with M5 as RC0 candidate; RC1 will be 2 weeks after, RC2 1 week after
- Please sign up in the RSE 1.0 Testing page
- Testing M5 early just takes 2 hour or so -- we need those bugs early!
- Please fill in RSE 2.0 Planning
- Collaborations with other projects (Platform/Team, PTP, CDT, TPTP, WTP, ECF, Aperi, g-Eclipse)
- Greg (PTP) has some loose connection, the focus is quite different; EFS
- Technology sub-groups
- CDT Launching (Ewa)
- Update on SPIRIT (Anthony)
- Update on Autodetect (Javier)
- To be committed tomorrow into org.eclipse.tm.core/discovery
Action Items to Review
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 2-Aug-2006
New Action Items
- Everybody - Sign up on the RSE 1.0 Testing page
- Everybody - Review and edit the RSE 2.0 Planning page