Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Wednesday Jan 21, 2009 at 1700 UTC / 12pm Toronto|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Martin to call everybody by Skype|
Interested Parties ping martin.oberhuber on Skype Chat for getting added to the call.
Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.
- IBM - Xuan Chen, Kevin Doyle, Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf
- MontaVista - Anna Dushistova
Update on RSE Status
TM 3.0.3 status
- Builds ongoing; final 3.0.3 is due on Wednesday Feb 18 (RC1: Feb 4, RC2: Feb 11)
- AI Martin contribute update site for Ganymede
TM 3.1 status
- Big Rocks see DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Dec-2008
- 3.1M4 Assigned Open bugs - AI Everyone reassign target milestone as appropriate
- 3.1M5 Assigned Open bugs - Galileo M5 is on Friday Feb 6
- This will likely go on the Eclipsecon stick: Want a one-day test pass? - Last checkins on Friday Jan 30
- AI Martin to create I-build on the weekend after the 30th, announce a 1-day testpass on Tuesday by E-Mail
- Severity Major open bugs, High Priority open bugs, DSDP/TM/3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds
- Many patches on bugzilla, feel free to commit to 3.1 stream... avoid too many patches
- Xuan: Creating p2 repositories as build output - Martin: should work.
- Anna: RemoteCDT feature addition - martin updated minor version; bug 261478 deprecate or remove SshHostShell, SshShellService etc? It's internal so we should remove...
- DaveM: SSHShellServiceSubSystem would remain... only underlying Service would be removed.
- AI DaveM: Try out switching "DStore Shell" service into "SSH Shell" service and back.
- Wait for Dave's results before removing the stuff
- Martin: Move RemoteCDT integration into the CDT project? Questions:
- Keep namespace or change it?
- Find a CDT person to commit to accepting patches (Chris Recoskie?)
- Probably move TM/RSE to the Platform+1 Train Slot
- DaveM: The IBM "Java Launch" Config might eventually go open source... then, the C and Java Launches might want to share some commonality... Martin: Commonality to go into rse.core or rse.ui as API? Perhaps have some "Remote Launch API" in rse.ui for the common tabs?
- Anna much in favor of this... want some "remote launch" API anyways, Montavista is currently duplicating a lot of this...
- Connection Selection Page is generic... upload tab may be generic...
- Remote Source Lookup in the future
- AI DaveM to think about it a bit more
- Is it too late to push IBM internal functionality into Open Source? - Martin: Need to have at least a dummy CQ filed by Jan.31
- DaveM: 60% openRSE, request for comment: bug 245260, bug 260777 - AI Martin give feedback
- DaveD: Webpage update: should do along with trying the new Nova topic, focus on the homepage for now
- Beginning to look at some big rock defects (probably little ones before m5)
- Kevin: Remote Search improvements
- Xuan: Start looking at junit failure, got a "class not load" exception - Kevin got it working
- Michael: programmatically create Terminal API
- Martin: Updated infocenter; SOC Synchronize Contribution; RXTX this week; RSE-build/releng next week, big rock bugs after: bug 227750 IRSEInteractionProvider, bug 239230 Early startup
- Rado: WinCE, bug 196176 - Deferred drag&drop SWT
- Martin - bug 261486 @noextend for interfaces - compiler warnings in general
- Copyright Year Changes
- bug 238574 Website Revamp - image from the Community is good, need some time to revamp the contents - AI DaveD next week
- Improve homepage at least, use the Community photoshopped screenshot; PDT, Mylyn are nice
- Martin vacation 7-Feb till 14-Feb
- 19.Feb - US President's day? -- Martin out of office,
- DaveD vacation 16-Feb till 20-Feb
- Anna vacation 1 week in Feb after m5
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 7-Jan-2009
- Last DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 17-Dec-2008
- Everyone reassign target milestone for m4 assigned open bugs; old "big rock" bugs for 3.1 and increase priority / set target milestone (may decrease priority on others).
- Martin Comment on DaveM's bugs; Contribute 3.0.3 update site for Ganymede; Draft E-Mail for 1-day m5 test pass; old review bug 196176 Rado's deferred D&D; new Builder until 3.1M5; bug 227750 Display in non-UI write fix until 3.1M4; Run performance tests for bug 236065 IFileService improvements; Critical EFS bugs;
- Xuan: old Look at bug 230917 Archive Handler Unittests
- DaveD: bug 238574 Website revamp; old get rid of 3.0 assigned open bugs;
- DaveM: Think about remotecdt move; test bug 261478 SSH services change; old bug 199596 Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;