Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 5-Mar-2008
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday Mar 5, 2008 at 1600 UTC / 1100 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||Martin to call everybody by Skype|
Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kushal.munir, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, tedatteddotnet, michael_scharf, and uwe.stieber.
- IBM - Xuan Chen, Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian, (Kevin Doyle n/a)
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Michael Scharf, (Uwe Stieber n/a, Eugene Tarassov n/a)
- Symbian - Javier Montalvo Orus
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 20-Feb-2008
- Skype Call Quality
- Problems with Eugene; Problems reaching DaveD; otherwise good. Occasional dropoffs for Xuan.
- M6 Focus
- Focus on finalizing API Changes for M6 - Please review your bugs and check "target milestone" assignment. If API might be involved, assign to M6.
- PII -- Xuan status - Ran PII on 20080304 Nightly driver, and no check PII error.
- Next NLS drops: near end march -- near-final NLS drop (UI-Freeze: M6+2)
- Translation only of what IBM ships (not Terminal, Discovery, TCF, RemoteCDT) (only RSE-SDK, DStore-Server, Useractions) - AI Xuan add RSE useractions to PII Mapfile
- Xuan: Changes of using or implementing encryption methods? - no encryption in TM
- Xuan: Request PMC presentation material for EclipseCon review (will be invited to review later on) - ok will consider when invited
- IPZilla: Strategic Members can subscribe a person on IPZilla mailing list via http://portal.eclipse.org
- Unit Tests - next priority after API
- Need all unit tests enabled in nightly builds - need to use Uwe's Connection Property classes, see FTPFileSubsystemTestCase - AI Xuan, DaveM, Kevin Use Properties for unit tests
- Hi-pri-bugs; apply patches
- Community Contributions from
- bug 164300 UNIX server.sh on fixed port (DaveM:done)
- bug 181563 Radoslav Gerganov: Ctrl+Space in Command View (Martin:done)
- bug 195402 Johnson Ma: tgz archive handler (AI Johnson cleanup required)
- bug 218880 Johnson Ma: ssh keepalive UI (AI Johnson cleanup required)
- bug 210682 Rupen's multi-file copy/move/overwrite dialog
- Bug Discussions
- bug 190231 subsystem UI -> Core: AI DaveD help with Wizard Pages and the way they are registered; make them adaptable somehow
- bug 220892 reving down dstore protocol version - AI DaveM add a Handler Hook for registering handshake handler / error handler
- bug 197167 Callback to know when RSE model is fully restored - AI DaveD Local Connection Preference: move from UI to Core; JobChangeListener join; stampfiles - looks good
- bug 221211 MultiStatus for IFileService batch operations - exception on first failure for modifying operations. No exceptions/multistatus on non-modifying operations. AI DaveD/DaveM update Javadocs when it's clear what we want
- bug 220379 Make DStoreFileService API - encodingHandler - wait on reporter, AI Martin comment on bug (object reference idea)
- bug 220547 SimpleSystemMessage message ID - globally unique message id vs. plugin-local status - Dialog Title: MessageID if globally unique / generic title based on severity if plugin-local
- bug 220995 Xuan: Can we remove some interface provided by SystemSelectRemoteFileAction and SystemSelectRemoteFolderAction
- bug 218947 IRemotePath idea - AI DaveM create new defect for the API change
- Martin: Migration could be stepwise, if we are able to convert String into IRemotePath and vice versa
- DaveM: Naming convention -- IHostPath instead of IRemotePath since located in the Service?
- Community Contributions from
- Planning - AI Martin to write up what we discussed in Toronto
- Think about assigning bugs to target milestones. What goes into 3.0 and what not? - DaveD Mylyn is nice for bug review!
- TM Website
- AI Kevin follow up on his website proposals
- Javier almost finished on Symbian assignment, will have some time for RSE but needs to talk to Manager
- Martin updating Commons Net to 1.5.0
- bug 212382 ftpListingParser initCommands
- bug 217894 Subsystem Configuration Families - subsystem category would be orthogonal to subsystem family -- family would be related to connector service -- change wizard pages from API into plugin.xml markup? AI All comment on the bug
- Import/export connections rather than profiles - extend the persistence provider for import/export. Use one format for export only in the UI,, perhaps allow multiple providers for import (for migration), perhaps allow multiple kinds of export via API.
- DaveM: -
- EFS and encodings - No response from platform - suggstion alternative EFS provider, always convert into UTF-8, continue discussion on the defect
- Kevin: -
- Xuan: - Will mostly be busy with IBM / Migration work; add useractions to PII mapfile
- Martin: - Need to put Project Plan on the Web; Update Releng scripts to automatically run unit tests at night
- Searchcvs, Relnotes done; Little more work needed on web-build and promote.sh
- JSch-0.1.37, Commons.Net 1.5.0
- Next tasks - EclipseCon presentation; Move SubsystemConfiguration implementation into non-UI; Lazy loading of SubsystemConfiguration (use the Proxy more); Lazy loading of UI adapters
- Uwe: -
- Rupen: -
- Michael: -
- EclipseCon Mar17-21
- Javier off during easter week Mar17-21
- Xuan may also take some time off
- Last Meeting Action Items
- Everyone: Comment on bug 217894 SubsytemConfigurationFamilies
- DaveD: Help on bug 190231 Subsytem UI->Core
- DaveM: bug 220892 handler hook for dstore protocol backward compatibility; bug 218947 Create new bug for proposed IRemotePath API Addition; Use Properties for Unit Tests
- Xuan: Add Useractions to PII Mapfile; Use Properties for Unit Tests
- Kevin: Website Updates
- Martin: EclipseCon; bug 190231 Subsytem UI->Core; finish new releng; Write-up TM 3.0 Plan; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests; Newsgroup
- Javier: bug 212382 ftp initCommands; add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to CVS -- see also CVS_Development#Testing
- Michael: Terminal improvements
- Monthly DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 5-Mar-2008 at 9am PST / 1700 UTC
- EclipseCon March 17-20: Martin, Michael - no other committers
- DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 26-Mar-2008 (3 weeks due to EclipseCon) at 1600 UTC / 0900 SFO / 1100 Rochester / 1200 Toronto / 1600 London / 1700 Salzburg -- take care of DST differences!
- Next BugDay/March_2008 on Mar 28