Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 30-Apr-2008
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday Apr 30, 2008 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1000 Rochester / 1100 Toronto / 1600 London / 1700 Barcelona+Salzburg|
|Dial-in:||Martin to call everybody by Skype|
Backup dial-in: International +44 (0)1452 567588 / Freephone +1 (866) 6161738 / UK 08712460713 / Passcode: 0587322148 #
MartinO to start conference call - please dial in using the numbers above.
Please be available for Skype Chat in parallel to the call. MartinO will start Skype chat just prior to call.
Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, rupen.mardirossian, javier.montalvoorus, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton.
- IBM - Dave McKnight, Dave Dykstal, Rupen Mardirossian
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber, Felix Burton
- ProSyst - Radoslav Gerganov
Committers not at the call today
- Kevin, Xuan, Michael, Uwe, Eugene, Javier
- Last meeting: DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 16-Apr-2008
- Skype Call Quality
- Bad this time, as soon as more than 3 participants. Martin had started the conf via ADSL from home, limited bandwidth was likely the reason -- looks like the meeting organizer needs lots of bandwidth. Fell back to fixed line, Rado used Skype into the 800 conf number successfully.
- Welcome new Committers - Felix, Rado
- DSDP/TM/3.0 Ramp down Plan for Ganymede - AI Everyone Review again and comment on dsdp-tm-dev if any questions.
- Committers be bold and self-confident
- IP due diligence: "contributed" keyword and tm-log.csv; target milestone - AI DaveD update tm-log.csv for rupe. AI DaveM add contributed kwd.
- Javadoc API Tooling API Comments (@noextend and friends) - bug 227368, bug 225529 comment 4 and bug 225529 comment 6 - AI Martin Extract Eclipse SDK onto dsdp.eclipse.org and post the link; AI Martin post where to find textual paragraph form "method extend" variant.
- bug 227213 Folder duplication by dragging to parent folder - "Duplicate Of" or Rename? - Need consensus and Owner
- Rupen: automatically do "Copy of" because in case of multiselect, users would get n dialogs asking for rename/overwrite
- Martin: Should try to auto-select the generated copies such that users can delete easily in case the copy happened unintentionally
- DaveM: Be Consistent with Eclipse Workspace ("Copy of")
- Decision to use "Copy of" approach. Rupen has a working prototype. AI Rupen attach patch
- PII Bugs till May 8
- Hi-pri-bugs; community contributions; apply patches (see also the Bug Process Page for a query)
- AI Martin mark Rado's bug fixed
Committer Status and Report
- DaveD -
- DaveM: -
- Martin: - GSoC student Takuya Miyamoto for bug 185925
- Rupen: -
- Rado: -
- Felix: -
- MartinO public holiday Thurs May 1; in Ottawa for E4/Summit May 22-23 .. want to meet in Toronto?
- Rupen May 8-15
- MartinO vacation June 11 - 22
- DaveM vacation June 16 - 20
- DaveD in July -- AI Martin finish and test the new Build scripts on dsdp.eclipse.org till then
- Last Meeting Action Items
- Everyone: Fix PII Issues; Add @noextend etc according to DSDP/TM/Code Ownership table; Review DSDP/TM/3.0 Ramp down Plan for Ganymede
- DaveD: Merge Rupens patches; Update bug 221211 IFileService multi-commands Javadoc
- DaveM: create a new "Future" bug for dstore protocol handshake, cloned from bug 220892
- Kevin: Website Updates
- Rupen: Attach prototype patch for bug 227213
- Xuan: Upgrade Skype to fix quality issues; Use Kevin's Properties for Unit Tests
- Martin: New Project Plan; Commons Net Placeholder CQ; UI/Non-UI Splitting; finish new releng; Look at PropertyDescriptor issues; unit tests
- Javier: add unit tests; document the Symbian internal test setup similar to CVS -- see also CVS_Development#Testing
- Michael: Terminal improvements