DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 2-Aug-2006
|Meeting Title:||TM Committer Phone Meeting|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday Aug 2, 2006 at 6.30am PDT / 8.30am CDT / 9.30am Toronto / 3.30pm Salzburg|
|Dial-in:||Skype martin.oberhuber, ddykstal, david-k-mcknight, kushal_munir|
Fixed-line fallback dial-in:
- International +1 314-655-1411
- North America +1 877-422-0035 (toll free)
- Passcode: 764918
- IBM - Dave Dykstal, Dave McKnight, Kushal Munir
- Wind River - Martin Oberhuber
- Our top goals
- Grow the Communities - active users and adopters --> tutorial, docs, mailinglist help
- Get the APIs Right --> enable public API discussion --> ISV docs, Wiki API discussion, [api] bugzilla's
- Get our Processes in place --> JUnit, nightly builds, infocenter, update site
- Latest News
- Martin -- Updated ISV doc build process, fixed some warnings; optimized update site generation; started manual test plans
- DaveD -- Docs update - fixed bad links in guide & tutorial; doing TOC today; making notes of things that should probably not be API; tutorial should probably be taken out of help and reference the project only
- DaveM -- defect cleanup of straightforward things (IBM things) - helpContexts: remove links? Can wait for now since it's a user thing. Remove compileCommands.exsd.
- Kushal -- defect cleanup; hi-pri first; checkin pending today
- DaveD to do some refactoring of persistency from UI into core, and Message stuff into core.
- DaveD to look at Mike's spreadsheet and decide what to do
- Urgent work to do
- Legal: JUnit (Some IBM signoffs needed, but not too hard); Jakarta-commons (EMO working on it)
- What is API? --> Move to "internal"?
- The more we hide by making "internal", the easier it will be for clients to find the relevant stuff.
- What about things in the Platform? E.g. Extension-point rseConfigDefaults vs. plugin_customization.ini
- Bring ISV docs up-to-date -- needed for API discussions. bug 150548 has the mapping from Mike.
- Do a search&Replace for "com.ibm.etools" first, use a broken-link-tool then (e.g. download the site from http://dsdp.eclipse.org/help/latest/ with firefox; or just expand the jar)
- Tutorial docs: DaveD or Kushal
- "Big Rock" API issues --> see RSE API Discussion, Meeting 19-Jul-2006 Notes
- Work on open bugs by priority
- Open bugs: Open with Patch, P1 bugs, API bugs, P1, P2 bugs
- Other items
- Thanks for updating bugzilla - Kushal?
- bugzilla: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assign bugs to the inbox when you don't know what to do with them; DaveD and I will review them again later
- It's also OK to defer bugs past 1.0 by setting status to LATER
- committing: Please include bugzilla references on the FIRST LINE of the commit message
- Easier to track checkins from the CVS Changelog
- Example: "Bug 149331 - updating extension point schemata to remove etools references."
- Commit messages like this are not harder to write, but much more helpful to read in the changelog
- Please focus on "big rocks" (hi-pri bugs)
- Manual test plans - in work by Martin
- EFS feature, Examples feature to be created by Martin
- Free discussion -- feelings, comments, critics
- Martin wants to stabilize M4 early --> label an I-build early, then create another label for the M-build and move it until release. This gives us more freedom for checkins during the integration phase (but requires that features are in earlier)
- Friday & Monday - holiday in Canada --> Aug 11 will be I-build, Aug 18 the M-build
- Javier to join us for the next committer meeting(s)
- Last Meeting Action Items
- DaveD - Review Mike's mappings, Doc update, JUnit legal, Service Error Reporting API, No-Password-API, SystemRegistry API
- DaveM - bug fixing, Parallel Services API, hygiene changes
- Kushal - refactoring checkin, doc review (with DaveD), bug fixing
- Martin - EFS & Examples features, build scripts, Manual test plan, API Review
- Open DSDP/TM/Phone Meeting 2-Aug-2006 at 9am PST
- DSDP/TM/Committer Phone Meeting 9-Aug-2006 at 9.30am Toronto