This is the main page for documentation effort in MTJ project.
If you're looking for User documentation itself, download and install our latest nightly build and look for "Mobile Tools for Java" inside Eclipse help contents.
Where we are now?
Nowadays, MTJ user's documentation is shipped within MTJ and is accessible through Eclipse Help Menu. The current contents were copied from EclipseME user's documentation together with EclipseME source code. During this process some sections of the documentation became unnecessary, some became outdated and some new sessions are now required.
- Update existing documentation to reflect current MTJ status (see bug 238138).
- Publish documentation on MTJ website for online access.
- Refactor "table of contents" to have sections more aligned with the ones existent on other Eclipse Projects (such as JDT).
Your participation can help MTJ having a better User documentation. Point out problems encountered in current docs, suggest enhancements, send patches to fix the bugs listed below or write new doc, articles or tutorials. Take a look at the contributing page to see how to start.
Here is the list of user's documentation sections and their actual status:
- Configuring MTJ and Eclipse - OK
- Best Practices - Update screenshots
- Creating a new MIDlet Project - Update screenshots
- Java Application Descriptor Editor - Update screenshots
- Create A New Midlet - Update screenshots
- Running/Debugging a MIDlet - Update screenshots, running/debugging through right-click on project is not working
- Packaging - Update screenshots, Menu name is wrong
- Advanced Topics - OK
- Device Management - Update screenshots, preference page name is wrong
- Advanced - Adding JAR Files to a MIDlet Suite - OK
- Adding Javadoc or Source links to WTK libraries - Add information about automatic finging javadoc for UEI SDKs
- Reference - OK
- Launch Configuration Settings - Common tab screenshot out-of-date
- Mobile Tools for Java Preferences - Screenshots outdated, preference page name is wrong. Basic Preferences misses information about Debug time-outs
- Project Properties - correct: The MTJ portion of the of the project properties has four pages. Update screenshots
- Antenna Support - OK, fix name in toc.xml
- About MIDlet Suite Signing - Section "Password Management": Verify if .keyring location is valid. Maintain reference for Nokia document?
- Frequently Asked Questions - Remove sections: "Unable to restore workbench state" and Preprocessor Errors. Verify if the questions about unispecified platform and build path imcomplete are still valid (test in different workspaces)
- Troubleshooting - Update screenshots. Remove section "Collectiong Preverification Information"Verify if the questions about unispecified platform and build path imcomplete are still valid
- Developer Documentation - Remove
- Acknowledgments - Remove
- Legal - OK
- Import project from EclipseME - Add add a "How to" somewhere in the documentation