BaSyx / Scenarios
In the following, multiple example application scenarios are presented that illustrate basic concepts on how to use the Eclipse BaSyx middleware. Each scenario is implemented in the basyx.example project.
This list will be continuously extended.
- Device Integration: Showcases how to utilize the various features of the BaSyx OTS components to bidirectionally integrate a device with its Asset Administration Shell
- Cloud & Edge Deployment: Showcases how to set up a distributed deployment of an AAS with several Submodels.
- Dynamic Extension of Static Data: Showcases how to load static AAS/Submodels (e.g. from an AASX file) and modify them at runtime (e.g. by adding a programmed submodel).
- Authorized AAS Registry: Showcases how to set up Keycloak server and secure the endpoint of AAS Registry. It showcases the same scenario of Cloud & Edge Deployment with Authorized AAS Registry.
Moreover, there are three predefined scenarios that showcase examples about how a monitoring scenario with 3rd-party applications can be realized. There is a user-centric introduction on how to start them in the wiki: user documentation. Moreover, you can find more information about the background and the utilized architecture in these scenarios in the developer documentation.
In the following, further examples are described. These examples showcase the extension possibilities of BaSyx.
- ADS Connector: Showcases how the VAB can be extended to support the ADS protocol.