Welcome to the Project BPMN2 Modeler Wiki page.
The Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) is a graphical representation for specifying business processes in a business process model. The objective of BPMN is to support business process management, for both technical users and business users, by providing a notation that is intuitive to business users, yet able to represent complex process semantics. BPMN 2.0 is maintained by the Object Management Group (OMG).
The Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler is a graphical tool for authoring models that are compliant with the BPMN 2.0 standard.
For installation of the BPMN2 Modeler, you will need an executable Eclipse installation (Eclipse Luna or higher). If you do not have an Eclipse installation yet, you can download Eclipse from the Eclipse website.
The BPMN2 Modeler is installed the same way as any other Eclipse plug-in. To install the BPMN2 Modeler plug-in select from the Eclipse Workbench main menu: "Help -> Install New Software" and enter the update site URL for your Eclipse IDE version.
You will find a list of all available versions on the Update Site. The update site contains BPMN2 Modeler core editor, jBPM extension plug-in, and several examples. You will find current versions compatible with each of the major Eclipse releases starting with Eclipse Helios. Note that we are no longer back-porting bug fixes or features to releases prior to Eclipse Luna.
For further information how to install these components, please refer also to the Eclipse Platform Help.
This section provides several sources of information about the Eclipse BPMN2 Modeller.
- User Guide - Detailed information about how to use the BPMN Modeler.
- Update Site - Download and install BPMN2 Modeler.
- User Forum - Have a question? Please don't hesitate to ask!
- Project Plan - See what's in the works for upcoming releases.
- Known Issues - Think you may have found a bug? Check here first for workarounds.
This section contains useful information for developers who wish to build, and possibly contribute to, the BPMN2 Modeler editor.
- Builds - Get access to source code and instructions on how to build BPMN2 Modeler.
- Source Code - Browse the Git repository.
- Extension Point API - Learn how to extend BPMN2 Modeler for a specific Target Runtime.
- Plugin Developer Tutorials - Step-by-step tutorials for building your own Target Runtime extension plugin.
JBoss jBPM Extensions
This section focuses on topics that are specific to the JBoss jBPM extension plugin for the BPMN2 Modeler.
- Custom Work Item Editors - Learn how to write your own Work Item editing dialogs.