Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Architecture Council/Meetings/October 12 2017
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday October 12, 2017 at 1100 Ottawa |
HTML | iCal
- In attendance: Carl Anderson, Stéphane Begaudeau (replacing Mélanie Bats), Marcel Bruch, Jim Hughes, Alex Kurtakov, Dani Megert, Martin O, Torkild Resheim, Michael Scharf, Doug Schaefer
- Regrets: Mikael Barbero, Jay Jay Billings, Mickael Istria, Maximilian Kögel, Martin Lippert, Pascal Rapicault, Denis Roy, Eike Stepper, Krum Tsvetkov
- No-Show: Max Andersen, Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Nick Boldt, Ian Bull, Benjamin Cabé, Christian Campo, Linda Chan, Naci Dai, Sebastien Gerard, Neil Hauge, Jonas Helming, Kenn Hussey, Tyler Jewell, Markus Knauer, Konstantin Kommissarchik, Benoit Langlois, Ed Merks, Mike Milinkovich, Tracy Miranda, Adrian Mos, Alexander Nyßen, Steffen Pingel, Tom Schindl, Matthias Sohn, Julien Vermillard, Lars Vogel, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Tom Watson, Mike Wilson
#PMC_Rep_Attendees see also below.
Agenda / Notes
Jim (Locationtech): Replacement for JAI (Java Advanced Imaging Library)
- Native bindings have been removed in Java 9; some were under Sun license; No good replacement so far
- Eclipse doesn't allow JAI as a required dependency - workswith only
- Board could probably approve an exception, but Locationtech tried that without success so far; also, Oracle used to distribute the lib as a single Jar and that was stopped
- Torkild (Science): Confirms that several others would like to use a JAI replacement (Camkit)
- It's been discussed whether Oracle might contribute the code, but seemed that Oracle was not interested
- Doug: Might the SDL library (in C, + JNI Layer) be an option? - Doug will demo it at EclipseCon
- Key req for science is being able to deal with rasters that don't fit in memory
- AI Torkild will bring this up with the Science WG PMC
PMC Rep Attendees
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|Eclipse:||Dani Megert|| |
|| Mélanie Bats|
|Tools:||Doug Schaefer||Alex Kurtakov|
|WTP:||Carl Anderson|| |