Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Architecture Council/Meetings/May 13 2010
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday May 13, 2010 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| NEW Canada 1-877-727-8553 toll free / 1-416-840-9801 caller paid|
NEW U.S. 1-866-394-4146 toll free / 1-480-629-1624 caller paid
NEW passcode 428029063
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|DTP:||Brian Payton||Linda Chan|
|DSDP:||Martin Oberhuber||TBD (DSDP-PMC)|
|Eclipse:||Mike Wilson|| John Arthorne|
|Modeling:||Ed Merks|| Cédric Brun|
|RT:||Jeff McAffer||Tom Watson|
|STP:||Antoine Toulme||Oisin Hurley|
|Technology:||Gunnar Wagenknecht||Wayne Beaton|
|TPTP:||Eugene Chan||Joanna Kubasta (unofficial)|
|WTP:||Tim deBoer|| Dave Carver|
- Regrets: Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Markus Knauer (vacation), Mik Kersten (vacation), Nick Boldt (conflict)
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- Architecture Council/Meetings/April 8 2010
- (old) Wayne to discuss "e4 ready" marketing campaign with Ian.
- Ed to tell Cloudsmith about bug 283745 Maven -> Idea is an aggregator to republish p2 as Maven
- Dave W does not see this happening for Helios .. work in progress, people know what needs to be done
- (old) Martin to file bug for asking Mik hyperlink Wikitext / crowdsourcing Docs handbook on the Architecture Council/Top Ten Project Development Practices page
- (old) Tom S Athena Common Builder Cookbook
- Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
- Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
- Antoine file bug for discussing new Languages TLP -- bug 308732
- Still open items moved to #Action Items
- Martin: Welcome Kenn and Kim
- Tom S Common Builder Cookbook - See Dave Carver's Athena Common Build for now
- Chris A: bug 305544 Shortening the new committer process status update?
- Antoine T bug 308732 new TLP for languages - how to proceed?
- Antoine T "specs and design for Eclipse projects": how do we spec out p2 ?
- Antoine T "Maven2 repository" : mind if we put some junk on build.eclipse.org ?
- Jeff: bug 312790 IP team request for fine-grained CQ management
Overflow items not yet discussed
- Antoine T.: discuss Technology project lifecycle http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse.org-architecture-council/msg01272.html
- Antoine T.: discuss PMC organization and approval lags http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse.org-architecture-council/msg01272.html
- Martin: AC Calendar / Scheduling
- Martin: Follow-up action items from Eclipsecon Breakfast
e4 - current state of affairs
Items for next meeting
Regular briefing on the status of e4.
We need to reduce our bug backlog, by actually coming to a common resolution on some. Here are the most recent ones:
- DaveC would like to discuss New Committer Guidelines; Scrum / Agile techniques
- bug 285074 - Dave Carver - Hudsonbuilder and write access to the cvs / svn repo
- bug 283745 - Maven Repository at Eclipse
- bug 288393 - Denis - Bugzilla Best Practices
- The art of project release naming - no bug yet ?!?
- AC Bugzilla backlog
- See also Architecture Council/Open Issues for overflow items that were not discussed
- News from the EMO and Councils ?
- (old) Martin to follow up on Architecture Diagrams idea
- (old) Michael to flesh out the Patterns idea and remind the EAC -- started Architecture Council/Top Ten Recommendations#Design Patterns, backed by EclipseCon tutorial proposals
- While these show how well-known GoF patterns are applied in Eclipse, Michael's idea was more to find and describe new patterns which are specific to Eclipse
- (old) Michael to draft an E-Mail about the "plugin granularity" idea, searching for people to lead the effort
- (old) Tools and Tech PMC's to encourage incubating grandfathered projects find a mentor; mentorless projects due to AC members quitting or falling dormant
- (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
- (old) Mik to create initial "architectural walkthrough" material for Mylyn -- 1 wiki page not too large, send link to the mailing list
- (old) Dave C work with Wayne on a "handbook" for project criteria for becoming a committer (referencing committer guidelines)
- Martin - recently updated the Eclipse/Workspace/Committer_FAQ#Becoming_a_Committer with pretty strict criteria (committed contributions)
- (old) Dave C come up with a document how to save build resources
- (old) Dave C to try bugzilla UNCONFIRMED state
- (old) Wayne to ask Sonatype about Nexus test installation
- (old) Wayne to try doing a 3.6m2 API Report on Helios m2
- Architecture Council/Meetings/June 10 2010