Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Architecture Council/Meetings/March 8 2018
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday March 8, 2018 at 1100 Ottawa |
HTML | iCal
|Dial in:||Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/438487984
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,438487984# or +14086380968,,438487984#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)： US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 Canada: +1 647 558 0588 France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 Meeting ID: 438 487 984 International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=zZBWgLOe1JIIW8E3tapxg4jzZNmjTfbO
- In attendance: Mikael Barbero, Wayne Beaton, Martin O, Jonas Helming, Martin Lippert, Mélanie Bats, Alex Kurtakov, Denis Roy, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Torkild Resheim, Jim Hughes, Tom Watson, Jens Reimann
- Regrets: Eike Stepper, Jay Jay Billings, Mickael Istria, Krum Tsvetkov, Maximilian Kögel.
- No-Show: Doug Schaefer, Stephan Herrmann, Alexander Nyßen, Carl Anderson, Dani Megert, Michael Scharf, Max Andersen, Matthias Sohn, Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Nick Boldt, Marcel Bruch, Ian Bull, Benjamin Cabé, Christian Campo, Linda Chan, Naci Dai, Sebastien Gerard, Neil Hauge, Kenn Hussey, Tyler Jewell, Markus Knauer, Konstantin Kommissarchik, Benoit Langlois, Ed Merks, Mike Milinkovich, Tracy Miranda, Adrian Mos, Steffen Pingel, Pascal Rapicault, Tom Schindl, Julien Vermillard, Lars Vogel, Mike Wilson
#PMC_Rep_Attendees see also below.
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
- Last meeting: Architecture Council/Meetings/February 8 2018 -- open actions see #Action_Items
- Denis agreed to run the meeting, gather and publish notes
- Mentors always needed
- Torkild volunteered for one project
- New committer messaging is old and confusing, send confused committers to Wayne
- Gunnar: project leads can be on a project as non-committers, which seems odd.
- Wayne reminds us that PL and Committer are 2 separate roles
Torkild: Github Issues
- Release planning pages support Bugzilla, but not GH issues
- Wayne: bug is opened, but no progress yet, perhaps next quarter
Jim: LocationTech update
- LocationTech forge consolidation was done, nothing major to report, only minor issues
- FOSS4G coming up in May
- Interested in how Java 9/10/11 changes impact projects
Denis & Mikael: Infra update
- Bandwidth for downloads slow, mostly when new bits being mirrored. Perhaps we can provide more bandwidth under those circumstances
- Gerrit was updated recently, with changes to underlying infra.
- No plans yet for more resilient setup
- Hudson > Jenkins migration is complete, releng team working on better CI/CD pipeline technologies to improve build performance under spikes
- Mikael: Also deployed JCE signing infra, for Cryptography providers
- Eclipse API: api.eclipse.org to interface with Eclipse project data, forums, mailing lists, accounts, etc
- No new action items.
PMC Rep Attendees
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|Eclipse:||Dani Megert|| |
|Technology:||Gunnar Wagenknecht||Wayne Beaton|