Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Architecture Council/Meetings/April 12 2018

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday April 12, 2018 at 1100 Ottawa
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial in: Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/438487984

Or iPhone one-tap :

   US: +16699006833,,438487984#  or +14086380968,,438487984# 

Or Telephone:

   Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
       US: +1 669 900 6833  or +1 408 638 0968  or +1 646 876 9923 
       Canada: +1 647 558 0588 
       France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 
       Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 
       United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 
       Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 
       Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 
       Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 
       Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 
   Meeting ID: 438 487 984
   International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=zZBWgLOe1JIIW8E3tapxg4jzZNmjTfbO

Attendees

  • Mikael Barbero, Wayne Beaton, Denis Roy, Alex Kurtakov, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Jim Hughes, Jens Reimann, Gorkem Erkan, Stephan Hermann, Doug Schaefer, Max Andersen, Michael Scharf, Jay Jay Billings, Krum Tsvetkov
  • #PMC_Rep_Attendees see also below.

Agenda / Notes

  • Welcome new member: Gorkem Ercan
  • New Member Nominations (Wayne)
  • Call for mentors/active mentoring (Wayne)
  • Jakarta EE Overview (Wayne)
  • Legal Documentation Changes for Projects (Wayne)
  • Update EDP to reflect new IP policies and fast release cadence (Max)
 Background: 
   https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/incubation/msg00557.html
   https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse.org-architecture-council/msg03744.html

General Notes

Unordered list of issues with EDP raised during the call:

  • Increase flexibility and reduce overhead
    • Need to identify inflexible areas as well as areas over overhead (see below)
  • CQs still seams to be an issue
  • Review documentation requirements
  • Release documentation requirements
  • Role of PMC
    • CQ process involvement?
  • Separation of responsibilities
    • We have multiple documents plus wiki pages, not everything seems to be in sync
    • EDP
    • IP Policy
  • Projects wanting to release different artifacts
    • subset of code
    • different versions
    • When should a project be split? Is it not done currently because of overhead?
  • Which reviews are required?


Action Items

  • No new action items.


PMC Rep Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Gary Xue
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Dani Megert Mike Wilson
Modeling: Ed Merks Mélanie Bats
Eike Stepper
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
SOA: Adrian Mos Marc Dutoo
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer Alex Kurtakov
WTP: Carl Anderson Neil Hauge
LocationTech: Jim Hughes
IoT: Julien Vermillard

Next Meeting

Back to the top