Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Architecture Council/Meetings/April 12 2018
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday April 12, 2018 at 1100 Ottawa |
HTML | iCal
|Dial in:||Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/438487984
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,438487984# or +14086380968,,438487984#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)： US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 Canada: +1 647 558 0588 France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 Meeting ID: 438 487 984 International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=zZBWgLOe1JIIW8E3tapxg4jzZNmjTfbO
- Mikael Barbero, Wayne Beaton, Denis Roy, Alex Kurtakov, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Jim Hughes, Jens Reimann, Gorkem Erkan, Stephan Hermann, Doug Schaefer, Max Andersen, Michael Scharf, Jay Jay Billings, Krum Tsvetkov
- #PMC_Rep_Attendees see also below.
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
- Last meeting: Architecture Council/Meetings/March 8 2018 -- open actions see #Action_Items
- Welcome new member: Gorkem Ercan
- New Member Nominations (Wayne)
- Call for mentors/active mentoring (Wayne)
- Jakarta EE Overview (Wayne)
- Legal Documentation Changes for Projects (Wayne)
- Update EDP to reflect new IP policies and fast release cadence (Max)
Background: https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/incubation/msg00557.html https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse.org-architecture-council/msg03744.html
Unordered list of issues with EDP raised during the call:
- Increase flexibility and reduce overhead
- Need to identify inflexible areas as well as areas over overhead (see below)
- CQs still seams to be an issue
- Review documentation requirements
- Release documentation requirements
- Role of PMC
- CQ process involvement?
- Separation of responsibilities
- We have multiple documents plus wiki pages, not everything seems to be in sync
- IP Policy
- Projects wanting to release different artifacts
- subset of code
- different versions
- When should a project be split? Is it not done currently because of overhead?
- Which reviews are required?
- No new action items.
PMC Rep Attendees
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|Eclipse:||Dani Megert|| |
|Technology:||Gunnar Wagenknecht||Wayne Beaton|