Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Architecture Council/Meetings/December 10 2015
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday Dec 10, 2015 at 1100 Ottawa |
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|RT:||Christian Campo|| |
|Tools:||Doug Schaefer|| |
- In attendance: John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Marcel Bruch (joined late), Christian Campo, Maximilian Kögel, Martin Lippert, Dani Megert, Martin O, Pascal Rapicault, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Krum Tsvetkov, David Williams,
- Regrets: Alex Kurtakov, Jonas Helming, Eike Stepper, Lars Vogel
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- Feel free to fill in, but not during the meeting :)
- (Wayne) New member nominations (please bring a list of names to the next meeting) -- quick discussion, Wayne will nominate
Wayne: Know your Projects Proposal
- (Wayne) Know (y)our projects: should we have project leads deliver short presentations during this meeting (to better understand the projects that we serve).
- Vladimir from the Handley project - frustration around no visiblity in the Eclipse Community
- Could be a win-win situation with a 10 min "elevator pitch" to the AC - raise awareness with the projects
- Doug: Could we do that with MeetUps? - IoT MeetUp went pretty well
- Wayne: A 1-hour meeting is great for going in depth, but probably not what we want here
- John: For Handley, the value proposition is quite abstract (people building language tooling)
- Michael: 10-minute video with the Elevator Pitch ? - Wayne agrees, video channel helps a lot but doing videos is time consuming
- Pascal: If projects want to be heard, why don't they submit to EclipseCon?
- RESOLUTION: Posting a 10-min video is likely more efficient than presenting to the AC where there's just a few people.
- AI Wayne to create channel
- (Wayne) EclipseCon
- F2F meeting - Doodle Poll set up but only a handful responses so far, please submit
- Michael: ECon Videos? - ECE should have all videos up except two. EC NA just recording in 2 rooms.
Role of the AC
- Recent postings by Ed Merks on cross-projects ignited some architecture related (online) discussions
- Why don't we have such discussions on the AC Calls ?
- Committers don't know an AC exists
- Maybe a 2-day F2F meeting is overdue, to come up with 10 or 20 concrete recommendations that projects should do
- Pascal suggests a Form for committers to ask "How do I..." kind of questions
- Doug: The new Mattermost initiative has great potential hooking folks together
- Martin: Recommendations make sense where an issue hurts?
- AI Martin send link to the previous top 10 recommendations
Marcel: FEEP Recommendations
- (Marcel) Resolution of the AC recommendations for the first Iteration of FEEP
- Proposal to forward the Google Doc sheet to EMO without further discussion
- Agreement that the voting process was fair and needs no further discussion --> AI Marcel send sheet to the EMO