- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting
- 2 Main Agenda Items
- 3 Release news/planning
- 4 Bug and Feature Highlights
- 5 Project scrum section
- 6 Other business - Long term tracking items
- 7 References
WTP Development Status Meeting
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
- Vote for Elson Yuen to join the WTP PMC and to take over as PMC lead has concluded successfully. Congratulations, Elson!
For overall Oxygen dates, see the Simultaneous Release Calendar
Main Agenda Items
- Gerrit adoption - this is no longer optional! See bug 452549 for details
- Follow-on releases no longer called "Service Release" - now indicated by number (Oxygen.1)
- More flexibility for new features in these releases.
- WTP has been flexible for new enhancements in SR releases, but announced and PMC voted as appropriate
- Oxygen release planning
WTP 3.9.0: Oxygen
- RC4 declared. Quiet week. June 28 GA.
- Components tag R3_9_0 in Git.
WTP (3.10.0): Photon
- Once your git repository is tagged for Oxygen, you can start to contribute content for Photon to master
- Builds for Photon will commence later this summer
- Releng update (Rob Stryker, Nick Boldt)
- common builds as-is
- Rob provided a patch to remove dep from common on server. Will need testing
- servertools has 3 repos. Rob has a script to merge all 3. But because of deps from servertools tests on jeetools, we need to re-think this. integration profile, etc.
- servertools tests (which are really integration) tests can run successfully when resolving against the whole product. servertools itself builds fine in a clean env.
- jeetools is next in line, and i only fiddled a bit with the tests. most of which are fixed by changing eclipse-plugin to eclipse-test-plugin.
- jeetools needs a patch to respond to those changes in common to break dep on server.
- Rob didn't work too much on jeetools, but Rob senses a repo-merge will probably be necessary with ejb and other stuff. This hasn't been investigated much yet.
- Nick has updated the wiki pages which list repos, so they're as accurate as possible. This provides all three ways to explore the repos:
- https://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Gerrit_Access#Clone_a_repository_for_development (authenticated clone for use with Gerrit)
- https://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Git_Workflows#Commandline_git_.28anonymous_read-only.29 (anon read-only clone)
- https://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Git_Workflows#Clone_a_repo (online browsing)
Bug and Feature Highlights
Focus on Quality
- Major or higher severity bugs by project (This week - 182)
- Untargeted bugs and enhancements with patches attached over 7 days old (This week - 70)
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened over 7 days ago (This week - 105)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
Release Bug Review
Blockers, Hot-Bugs, Hot-Features
Project scrum section
- Each project answers
- What are you working on?
- What are you planning for next week?
WTP Common Tools
WTP Common Git Repo is Gerrit-enabled
Dali Java Persistence Tools
WTP EJB & Java EE Tools
WTP Source Editing
Web Services Tools
- This week: Tagged repositories with R3_9_0
Other business - Long term tracking items
- Summer break, next meeting is Aug. 3.
- Automated Error report logging - Now in JavaEE EPP
- See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.