- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting
- 2 Release / Build status
- 3 Bug and Feature Highlights
- 4 Project scrum section
- 5 Other business - Long term tracking items
- 6 References
WTP Development Status Meeting
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
(Weekly Google Calendar)
For Mars overall dates, see the Simultaneous Release Calendar
Release / Build status
WTP 3.7.0: Mars
- 04/16 Regular Mars I build Smoke/Declare
- 04/30 WTP M7 build (Smoke)
Bug and Feature Highlights
Focus on Quality
- Major or higher severity bugs by project (This week - 157, last week - 153)
- Targeted to Future (candidates for severity downgrade?) (Total - 69, last week - 69)
- Untargeted bugs and enhancements with patches attached over 7 days old (This week - 56, Last week - 56)
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened over 7 days ago (This week - 82, Last week - 80)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
Release Bug Review
Blockers, Hot-Bugs, Hot-Features
Project scrum section
- Each project answers
- What are you working on?
- What are you planning for next week?
WTP Common Tools
Dali Java Persistence Tools
WTP EJB & Java EE Tools
- Roberto Sanchez: Worked on bugs 462042, 461356, 463504, 462339, 463140, 459564, 463162. Will continue working on 463504 and 459564
Victor Rubezhny: Need a support from WTP SourceEditing committers with following JSDT Web issue: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=442508 - IFacetedProjectWorkingCopy not disposed in org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.web.core.internal.project.ConvertJob.runInWorkspace
I'm not a committer on WTP SourceEditing, while JSDT Web code is actually based in WTP SourceEditing, so I cannot push anything there.
See the other question in "Any others?" section.
- Last week: Investigate bug 434185
- Next week: Continue to work on bug 434185
WTP Source Editing
Web Services Tools
1) Could Roberto Sanchez please add the following issue into his TODO list:
- Bug 461624 - Generate index.html in default Dynamic Web Project
2) There are issues in components that have patches but stay not reviewed (sometimes for more than a coulple of months). Some of issues are even assigned, so they aren't shown by "Untargeted bugs and enhancements with patches attached over 7 days old" report.
That's my examples:
- WTP SourceEditing:
- Bug 464161 - NPE in StructuredTextEditor.update (3091)
- Bug 462949 - NPE in XMLJavaHyperlinkDetector.detectHyperlinks (238)
- Bug 428812 - NullPointerException in JSPTranslator.createJSPProblem()
- Bug 428057 - The annotation icon isn't shown for 'undefined attribute name' error in HTML Editor
- Bug 417739 - XHTML 1.1 DTD is old?
- WTP Common Tools:
- Bug 445590 - Failed while invoking preset factory "org.eclipse.jpt.jpa.core". (err_grp: 6ed063d0)
That's only my fix proposals and I'm sure there are much more of such bugs. While Mars development comes to a close, these issues have a chance not to be fixed in Mars. Can we spend some time for review/accept/reject the fixes provided before M7 is closed?
Other business - Long term tracking items
- Automated Error report logging - Now in JavaEE Epp
- Gerrit adoption
- Projects should consider for improved contributor experience
- See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.