- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting
- 2 Release / Build status
- 3 Bug and Feature Highlights
- 4 Project scrum section
- 5 Other business - Long term tracking items
- 6 References
WTP Development Status Meeting
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
- Upcoming schedule
- 2/6/2015 - Mars M5
- 2/12/2015 - WTP 3.6.3 (Luna SC2 RC4) candidate build smoke/declare
(Weekly Google Calendar)
For Luna overall dates, see the Simultaneous Release Calendar
Release / Build status
WTP 3.6.3: Luna SR2
- 2/05 Luna SR2 RC3 candidate - start PMC +2 approval
- 2/12 Luna SR2 RC4 candidate - start PMC +3 approval
- Luna SR2 GA: 2/27/2015
WTP 3.7.0: Mars
- Mars M5 2/6/2015
- 02/12 Regular I build smoke/declare
- No Smoke this week (Official Mars M5 available tomorrow)
Bug and Feature Highlights
Focus on Quality
- Major or higher severity bugs by project (This week - 157, last week - 153)
- Targeted to Future (candidates for severity downgrade?) (Total - 69, last week - 69)
- Untargeted bugs and enhancements with patches attached over 7 days old (This week - 56, Last week - 56)
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened over 7 days ago (This week - 82, Last week - 80)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
Release Bug Review
Blockers, Hot-Bugs, Hot-Features
Project scrum section
- Each project answers
- What are you working on?
- What are you planning for next week?
WTP Common Tools
Dali Java Persistence Tools
WTP EJB & Java EE Tools
Need help on adding the EGit/JGit as a dependency of WTP: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=458521 - Add JGit/EGit as a dependency of WTP
WTP Source Editing
Web Services Tools
Is it possible to include into 3.7 the following issue (patch is attached to the issue):
- https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=448152 - [validation] Ability to ignore custom html tag (UI part that adds Validation Pref. page changes and new QuickFix)
Other business - Long term tracking items
- The EMO is assembling a "Great Fixes" promotion for Mars which will start shortly after M5.
- Wayne is joining meeting for details.. Greatfixes promotion details
- multiple two-week cycles; at the beginning of each cycle, we will pick ~20 bugs, primarily from Platform and Web Tools, and encourage contributors to submit patches/fixes on those bugs over the two week period.
- We are asking project leads to choose at least 2 "helpwanted" candidates
- We must be responsive to contributions.(Some work up front - but possibly huge benefit gaining additional contributors).
- Mars M5 Epp changes - Introduction to the Automated Error Reporting
- Attention project leads - Details in mailing list
- Proposal to merge EJB project into Java EE project
- Opened bugzilla: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=459236
- Gerrit adoption
- Still pending for JavaEE project
- See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.