Visual Editor Project
The Visual Editor project has been archived and is no longer active. The WindowBuilder project is the current tool for "visual" WYSIWIG editing of AWT/Swing, SWT/JFace, and GWT user interfaces in Eclipse.
NOTE: Current official builds of the Visual Editor require Eclipse 3.2 (Callisto).
The Visual Editor is currently supported on the following platforms:
- Win32 - Swing/AWT, SWT
- GTK2/x86 - Swing/AWT, SWT
- GTK2/x86_64 - Swing/AWT, SWT
- GTK2/ppc - Swing/AWT, SWT
- Motif - Swing/AWT
- Mac OS X 10.4 - Swing, SWT
SWT development requires Java 1.4.2 or later.
- How To Install VE 1.4 for Eclipse 3.4 Ganymede / Eclipse 3.5 Galileo (subject to change, unsupported)
- How To Install VE 1.3 for Eclipse 3.3 Europa / Eclipse 3.4 Ganymede (subject to change, unsupported)
- Roadmap for the VE 1.3 Release
- VE Documentation
- 1.4.0 - 30 Sep 2009 (requires Eclipse 3.4/3.5)
- 1.2.3_jem - 30 Jan 2007 (requires Eclipse 3.2)
- 1.2.1 - 26 Sep 2006
- 220.127.116.11 - 7 Sep 2005
- 18.104.22.168 - 29 Jun 2005
- 22.214.171.124 - 22 Oct 2004
- 0.5.0 - 5 Dec 2003