Skip to main content
- Paul Slauenwhite
- Ernest Mah
- Kathy Chan
- Oliver Cole
- Raheel Ashraf (covering Eugene Chen)
- Joanna Kubasta
- Joel Cayne
- Chris Elford
- Harm Sluiman
- 4.5.2 will ship with the Ganymede Service Release 2 or SR2 (target release date: February 25, 2009).
- We are 1/2 way through I3 TP1 (ends: 02/03).
- The test pass reports are running daily.
- Note, PMC members from IBM (internal build site) can now generate a test pass report between the reporting cycles (9 AM and 3 PM ET). For more information, see Joel.
- Reminder to Project Leads to ensure the documentation technical review test cases are executed during I3 TP1.
- Currently we are >55% complete and <2% failure.
- Test Project:
- Will complete functional test suite by the end of the week.
- The documentation technical review test cases will be completed Mon/Tue of next week.
- Platform/Trace Project:
- Will complete on target.
- Joanna will check in test results previously submitted by Intel China before they broke for Chinese New Year.
- TPTP 4.5.2 appears to be running more smoothly than previous releases.
- Decreased delays of builds.
- No enhancements and less defects since less resources.
- Test Project:
- Will only 1 virtual committer and 1 tester, still managed to fix 54 defects and resolve 70.
- Efficient given a 20 week release with Christmas vacation.
- 4.5.3 will ship as part of the Galileo Release Train (target release date: June 26, 2009).
M5 Smoke Test
- We will be smoke testing TPTP 4.5.3 from 02/03 - 02/05 in preparation for dropping to Galileo M5 +2 on 02/06.
- There are two blocking issues for TPTP coming in Galileo M5:
- Since we do not have a TPTP 4.5.2 branch and TPTP 4.5.3 builds, we can:
- Split streams before TPTP 4.5.2 ends.
- Release Engineering cost (e.g. split, builds, etc.).
- Dual maintenance required.
- Integrate fixes into TPTP 4.5.2.
- Increased probability of regression.
- Invalidates our I3 TP1 since changes are far reaching.
- Release Engineering cost (e.g. plug-in/feature version numbers).
- Decision: Split streams before TPTP 4.5.2 ends becuase:
- Manage the risk of regression in TPTP 4.5.2.
- TPTP 4.5.3 builds are required in two weeks.
- Dual maintenance is minimal since we have shut-down TPTP 4.5.2.
- Joel and Josh will handle the Release Engineering work (e.g. split, builds, etc.) and send an email to the TPTP PMC mailing list with the details.
- To manage the dual maintenance, the remainder of TPTP 4.5.2 will be in PMC-level approval mode.
- Paul update the TPTP 4.5.2 schdule with this change.
- Project Leads and Joel/Josh (email to TPTP PMC mailing list) to communicate this change.
Joanna is moving on
- As of 01/31, Joana is moving on to another role in IBM.
- Ernest (technical and personnel) and Kathy (technical and project management) will replace Joanna:
- Both require CVS committership.
- Joanna will nominate them as comitter in TPTP 4.5.2 and then Componetn/Project Leads in TPTP 4.5.3.
- Joanna will transition Ernest and Kathy through TPTP 4.5.2 and first part of 4.5.3 (target: 03/01).
- Oliver will host a call with Ernest and Kathy to meet-and-greet.
- Paul will send TPTP references/links to Ernest (email@example.com) and Kathy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Joanna has closed on the Eclipse 3.5/TPTP 4.5.3 resource plan with IBM before moving on.
- Kathy will be attending and speaking on WTP.
- Oliver will arrange a PMC meeting with the TPTP PMC members in attendance.
- Oliver will arrange a technical meeting for all of the TPTP committers in attendance.