Platform UI/Git Migration
See Platform UI/Git for the current state of our repos.
This is the plan for migrating Platform UI and the graduated Eclipse 4 bundles (modeled workbench and CSS support) to the eclipse.platform.ui.git repo.
|07/06/2011 midnight EDT||Freeze contributions to CVS for both Platform UI and e4|
|07/06/2011||Begin cvs2git migration. Publish converted Git repos. Begin verification.|
|07/07/2011||Continued verification of git repos. Update map files for builds: 3.7.1, 3.8, 4.2 (4.1.1)|
We've set up some wikis to capture what Platform-Releng is doing overall:
- Platform-releng/Git_Workflows - some common Git workflows for CVS users
- Platform-releng/Juno_Git_Migration - a starting page for the Juno migration
What we have to start with in CVS
- Platform UI, almost entirely in /cvsroot/eclipse UI projects to convert
- org.eclipse.ui.forms and org.eclipse.ui.browser and their test projects, which are currently worked on under Platform/UA but are included in the eclipse.platform.ui ACL
- bug 349150 - Convert Graduated bundles to git Eclipse 4 UI projects that graduated
- bug 349150 - Convert Graduated bundles to git Eclipse 4 Runtime projects that graduated
- bug 349177 - stitch ui.workbench fork back into main Compatibility workbench fork
- bug 349151 - Move e4 UI bundles to git E4 UI projects and experiments
- bug 328756 - e4 tooling should move to git This includes all projects in /cvsroot/eclipse e4/org.eclipse.e4.tools
Where everything is going
The details are in the branch scripts, but we end up with 4 repositories for the above. See [#Development in Juno] for details of what branch you should be working on in Juno.
- modules from #1, #2, #3, and #5
- The core runtime repository will contain modules from #4
- modules left over in #6
- modules from #7
Development in Juno
Development in 3.7.1
All work on plugins for 3.7.1 should be done in the R3_7_maintenance branch off of tag R3_7. It has already been created.
The actual migration steps we'll be following can be found in the e4 migration repo.
It was based on Platform-releng/Juno_Git_Migration_Recipe and enhanced for some of our stickier problems