Join the STEM Community
The STEM Community
Realizing the potential of STEM as an open source tool depends upon the involvement of researchers across settings.
STEM developers are working closely with early leaders in the STEM community to provide them with the tools they need.
Community Phone Call
The STEM community conference call occurs monthly, usually at 12PM Eastern Time (9AM Pacific Times). For more information, or if you wish to join, please subscribe to the mailing list where you can see the announcements and agenda for scheduled calls.
How to Join the STEM Conference Call, Newsgroup, and Forum
- Please subscribe to the mailing list
- Please visit the STEM project page and bookmark it.
- Please obtain an Eclipse.org account to access bugzilla, the newsgroup, etc.
- Visit the Newsgroup. Anyone may join in the discussion at this Eclipse Community Forum.
- To receive project email updates, subscribe to our mailing list.
- To see a history of developer discussions (emails to email@example.com), please visit the developers forum
- The following page is a list of scientific Publications and Presentations on STEM
- If you are interested in contributing to STEM, please visit the page Welcome STEM Developers
Contributing to STEM
New contributors to STEM are always welcome (please contact the developers). This includes not only researchers
interested in disease modeling but also experts in GIS data or any other data that might be important in understanding
or modeling the spread of infectious disease. We also welcome input from users and contributions to our documentation.
Contributions to STEM are made via the standard Eclipse process.
- Open a "bug" in our bugzilla (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/)
- A bug can be more than just a new defect - it can also be a new feature, or other contribution
- You can attach your contribution as a "patch" to your bug (http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Bug_Reporting_FAQ)
- The best place to make new feature requests is our Newsgroup (where they can be publicly discussed)
- Please also feel free to e-mail The STEM Development Team, many of whom are Eclipse Committers
The STEM community is pleased to announce the STEM Contributor of the Year Awards.
Ebola Community Efforts
The STEM community ran a special set of weekly phone calls between 2014 and 2015 to support global Ebola modeling efforts (whether using STEM or not, scientists needed to share data and discuss models). Information on the agenda, minutes, and presentations from the Ebola calls may be found below.
- Record of the Community Ebola Modeling Phone Calls
- Ebola Models
- How to install the Ebola models
- Literature Ebola References
- Data Ebola Reference Data
- Subscribe to our mailing list