Eclipse Project Startup Meetup
at the Unconference, EclipseCon Europe 2016
Monday, October 24th, 10:30-12:30
If you’ve recently started an Eclipse project, or are considering starting one, join us for the Eclipse Project Startup Meetup at EclipseCon Europe. It will be an opportunity to introduce your project to the Eclipse community and help your contributors and committers get the information they need during your launch phase.
We will be giving all new projects an opportunity to do a lightening talk during the session. We also encourage you to take advantage of the lunch time poster session. You'll need to register on https://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2016/registration for EclipseCon (and you even have the option to sign up for just the Unconference).
Send us your ideas for topics!
- Wayne Beaton, Committer Bootcamp Condensed
- Wayne Beaton, Eclipse Director of Open Source Projects, will give us an overview of the information that you need to know to be an effective open source project committer at Eclipse. Wayne will brief us on some of the important topics such as the Eclipse Development Process, the Intellectual Property Due Diligence Process, and the Tools and IT Infrastructure available to Eclipse projects.
- Open Q&A with Eclipse team representatives
- Bring or send us your questions in advance about IP, Community Building, Infrastructure, etc. We'll do our best to answer them at the session or get you answers later in the week.
- Lightening talks - introduce your project to the community
- This is the fun part. Give us the birds-eye view of what your new project is about and where you're headed in the future!
- Wayne Beaton, Eclipse Foundation
- Philippe Krief, Eclipse Foundation
- Sharon Corbett, Eclipse Foundation
- AGILE IoT Project, Philippe Krief, Eclipse Foundation
- BaSys Project, Markus Damm, Fraunhofer