Eclipse Day Bangalore 2014
Date: Saturday, September 20, 2014
IBM India Pvt Ltd, Embassy Golf Links Business Park,
Block A, Ground Floor, Embassy Cypress Pt,
Indiranagar-Koramangala Intermediate Ring Rd,
Bangalore, Karnataka - 560017, India
The registration is now closed. Thanks for the overwhelming response!
Check out the list of delegates attending the event here .
If you do not find your name in the list of attendees and are willing to attend Eclipse day, please drop a mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will inform you by Friday, September 19th, if your participation can be confirmed.
All attendees must register for this event.
The event has limited seats. There is no participation fee for the event.
Call for Speakers
The call for speakers is now closed. Thanks for all the submissions!
Eclipse Day is an event designed to create opportunities for the local Eclipse community to explore, share and collaborate on the latest ideas and information about Eclipse and its members. The event will consist of one day of technical talks, demos and posters, intertwined with great networking opportunities.
We are now calling for participation from the Eclipse ecosystem. The categories are listed below:
1. Submit a Talk and/or Demo
Presentations should last approximately 30 minutes, including 5 minutes of questions from the audience at the end.
Submitted talks should focus on latest developments of, but not limited to, the following Eclipse related technologies:
- Eclipse SDK (Platform, JDT, PDE, SWT)
- Modelling (EMF, GMF etc)
- Web technologies (WTP, etc)
- Cutting Edge (XText, DSL, etc)
- OSGi and related embedded stuff
- Eclipse for non-Java languages (C/C++, Perl, Scala, etc)
- Eclipse frameworks (Debugger, Commands, etc)
- Eclipse Tools for Cloud
- Eclipse for Mobile developers
2. Submit a Poster
The purpose of having posters is to foster interaction among fellow participants in small, informal groups.
Ideal content would be complex topics that are easier to explain in a dynamic conversation rather than a prepared presentation.
Posters can be related to any Eclipse technology, as mentioned above.
(Please note that poster presentations will be added to the agenda based on the response received via call for abstracts).
Submit your proposals here: Call for Abstracts
- Daniel Megert - Eclipse Desktop lead and PMC member. Manager IBM Rational Zurich Research Lab and Eclipse Desktop team.
- Srikanth Sankaran - Lead/Architect at IBM, Eclipse JDT/Core. Most popular speaker at EclipseCon North America 2014.
- Pradeep Balachandran - Program Director, India site lead for Jazz/CLM/Eclipse Development at IBM.
Eclipse Day Awards
- Best Speaker Award - Srikanth Sankaran - Annotation based null analysis in Java8 in Eclipse JDT
- Best Topic Award - Annamalai C - Introduction to ECP & EMF Forms