Aperi Development Status Meeting 11/17/08

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Dial in numbers:

Toll Free: 877-421-0029 International: 770-615-1246 Passcode: 969397

Attendees:

IBM (Al Heitman, Dave Wolfe, Russ Warren)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • Announcements
      • Reminder that the Open Aperi Development status meeting has moved to every-other week. This is an open call so you should not discuss your company’s confidential information during this call.
    • Installer Issue
      • Issues surfaced in June that Eclipse installers are not allowed to download non-approved 3rd party libraries.
      • Al submitted IPzilla Contribution Questionnaire for Apache Geronimo. Eclipse needs the source code for the jar file we want to include. Al is working on parsing down the source zip. It may take a while as there are about 2500 files in the jar Aperi is using.
      • DoJo not approved. Martine and Dave have a proposal to take out that functionality that reqs DoJo. They plan to review the plan. Al will add 5 day item to schedule to remove DoJo dependency in m5 plan.
    • Misc. Project Info
    • 2008 planning (R0.5)
      • Martine has action item to take the SMIS serialization scheme to convert SMIS CIM LIC spec. and map that back to the LIC schema. He is working with Dave to determine which route Aperi should take in m5. Martine is waiting for Dave’s review.
    • Future Planning
      • Need to determine 2009 roadmap
      • Aperi roadmap Martine and Russ putting together ideas for Apri 2009.
    • Aperi Committers:
  • Release Engineer Notes (Al):
    • Build status/process
      • No build activity for today.
  • Aperi Downloads:
    • October totals were updated in the download stats chart. There were 430 downloads in October - 107 for SAN Simulator and 323 for SRM framework. November totals are 84 downloads so far this month with 52 for the SRM Application and 32 for the SAN Simulator.
    • Latest stats
  • Development items/issues:
    • SSO: No update.
    • LIC: No update.
    • SAN Simulator - The final code is checked into CVS. Al completed the final build and Ramani completed the final regression testing. Al submitted a CQ 2689 for the SAN Simulator version 0.2 which has been approved by Eclipse IP. Al will update the downloads page. Ramani and Chris will update the users guide. Ramani sent Chris updates for the SAN Simulator publications (user’s guide).
    • Java Help – No update.
    • Virtual Fabric / FC Security spec – no Update.
    • Linux HA cluster support – no Update.
  • IDVT:
  • ID:
    • Chris was not on the call today - no update.
  • Project Schedule:
  • Action Items:
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Al 11/30/08 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. Discussed with Tom last week. Bjorn has a list of mentors we can use. Al to follow up with Bjorn. Wayne Beaton is also helping to find a mentor who is willing to work with us.
Document Control Al 11/30/08 Write up text for Aperi document control. Al wrote up a proposal process to review documents here -> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Document_Review_and_Approval_Process. Al initiated a review on Aperi-Dev. Comments are starting to come in. The review has closed. Al will collect and displace the review comments. Al will initiate a vote to adopt the process.
  • Other:
    • Next Meeting 12/01/08
  • Open Forum:
    • Reminder: We decided to move the meeting to every other week.