Aperi Development Status Meeting 10/29/07

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

IBM (Chris King, Tom Guinane, Hans Lin, Steven Bennett, Todd Singleton, Russ Warren

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • Third Party Contribution Questionnaires
    • Aperi Open Defects - by severity & priority
      • 205850 cri P1 Wind dwolfe@us.ibm.com NEW Unable to create volume for DS8000 & ESS storage subsystems
        • Christoph does not believe his code affected this. The problem seems to be in the GUI. Check with Dave later today.
      • 207635 cri P1 Wind guinane@us.ibm.com NEW Unable to install SAN Simulator
        • Environment variable ‘javahome’ is not set correctly. Try Sun’s version of the JDK. Tom to assign to Ramani.
      • 199467 nor P1 Wind guinane@us.ibm.com ASSI Unable to add CIMOM agent accepting 'any' uid/pw
        • Hans to close
      • 201569 nor P1 Wind guinane@us.ibm.com ASSI Derby DB causes java.lang.StackOverflowError
        • Tom to assign defect to Todd. Todd will do a new build with latest level of Derby
      • 172223 maj P2 Wind dwolfe@us.ibm.com NEW DB2 BigDecimal conversion exception when running probe of storage subsystem
        • Check with Dave
      • 199148 maj P2 All toddsing@us.ibm.com NEW org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler handle SEVERE: /aperi-reports/TreeControl?action=getChildren&data
        • Todd to look at this week.
      • New defect, Hans will open – Linux install – cannot run script files – Todd to look at.
    • Road map planning
    • Aperi Survey – initial results for review:
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status
      • New build out today
      • Todd to create new build with latest level of Derby
    • SAN Simulator contribution
      • Created a staging site for SAN Simulator – need to get development team to test and provide feedback. Also need to increase development teams participation.
  • Development items/issues:
    • None this week.
  • ID:
    • Online help issue: Eclipse based or Java help based?
    • Plan to put out links to documentation on R0.4 Install instructions and Release Notes
  • Project Schedule:
    • Latest Schedule.
      • Updates made in the schedule.
  • Action Items:
]-
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Tom 10/31/07 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. Tom is searching for additional candidate.
Aperi Forum Tom 10/25/07 Suggested by Javier. Investigate setting up forums for Aperi communication. Looked into freepowerboards.com Friendly, easy to use, familiar to more forum users. Also includes a chat tool. Set up a sample forum http://www.freepowerboards.com/dhiwa/ Take a look and provide feedback. Checking out Eclipse IRC again
Document Control Tom 11/6/07 Write up text for Aperi document control.
Lessons Learned Follow-up Tom 11/9/07 Put results of Lessons Learned meeting for R0.3 into a table on the wiki with corresponding action items
cvs download statistics Tom 10/30/07 Investigate if we can get any numbers for our source code downloads.
  • Open Forum:
  • Other:
    • Next Meeting - 11/05/07
    • EclipseCon 2008
      • EclipseCon 2008 will be held March 17-20 in Santa Clara, CA. http://www.eclipsecon.org
      • It is now time to submit talks or tutorials for EclipseCon 2008. The entire Eclipse community is invited to submit ideas for tutorials, long talks, short talks, posters and birds-of-a-feather sessions. The EclipseCon program committee has identified different topic areas or categories for submissions, including business topics, C/C++, Data Tooling, Java, Mobile and Embedded, Modeling, OSGi, RCP, Reporting, SOA, Test and Performance, Web Tools and Industry Verticals. The deadline for tutorial and talk submissions is November 19, 2007.
      • Important Dates:
        • November 19th - Submission deadline; all proposals must be in. this is week after next!
        • December 10th - Tutorials, Long Talks, and Short Talks chosen.
        • January 19th - Submissions open for posters and BOFs
      • Ramani is planning to submit a short talk proposal titled "Storage Area Network Management Simulation" based on SAN Simulator.
      • Is anyone interested in presenting any other Aperi related tutorials/talks/posters or BoF’s?
        • Possible presentation on Storage management?
        • Possible Aperi poster session?