Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Development Status Meeting 09/10/07

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

Brocade (John Crandall), IBM (Brenda Haynes, Chris King, Christoph Reichert, Dave Wolfe, Ramani Routray, Rodica Ciurea, Steven Bennett, Todd Singleton, Tom Guinane), LSI (Jenny Monessen)

Agenda:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • SAN Simulator contribution:
      • Ramani will be working with Todd this week to get the build scripts ready.
    • Third Party Contribution Questionnaires
      • Questions on CCLog from Eclipse Legal – Tom will send to Todd.
    • Aperi Open Defects - by priority
      • New link to defect list created by Hans.
      • Christoph checked in the code for 199312 - Support new IBM DS CIMOM Version 5.2
    • Aperi requirements process
    • Road map planning requirements list and timeline
      • Please review the list and prioritize
      • Chris pointed out that the R0.4 section needs to be updated to match the schedule – Tom will address.
    • Todd posted a link to a good Info world article on Aperi dev regarding our one year anniversary.
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status
      • New build posted on Friday – seems stable.
  • Aperi Downloads:
  • Development items/issues:
    • Rodica’s Self-Contained NAS Profile design: Checkpoint on readiness. NetApp team.
      • Rodica has obtained feedback and this item can be closed.
    • Christoph mentioned that we need to submit a Contribution Questionnaire for the next version of Derby. Tom will start the process.
  • IDVT:
    1. The IDVT acceptance tests using Aperi-incubation-R04-070906-231445.zip, level still needs the following defects to be fixed:
      1. 199312 - Support new IBM DS CIMOM Version 5.2 - will be fixed on next Monday
      2. 199148 - org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler handle error - there is a workaround
    2. Hans has been working with Simona on NetApp Array profile support - tested that the data collected from the two sources is properly correlated ( a disk on the host is correctly correlated with its corresponding LUN) which is a good news for pre-IDVT, it covered 60% of IDVT testcases for NetApp Array profile.
    • Hans asked for any final comments on and approval of the Phase 4 Aperi IDVT test plan so he can officially start IDVT when he returns from vacation
  • ID:
    • Online help issue: Eclipse based or Java help based?
    • ID plan for R4
    • Chris is putting together Release Notes
    • Put out ID Plan – email to mailing list to review
  • Action Items:
]-
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Tom 10/15/07 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. Tom is searching for additional candidate.
Aperi Forum Tom 9/14/07 Suggested by Javier. Investigate setting up forums for Aperi communication. Looked into freepowerboards.com Friendly, easy to use, familiar to more forum users. Also includes a chat tool. Set up a sample forum http://www.freepowerboards.com/dhiwa/ Take a look and provide feedback. Checking out Eclipse IRC again
Document Control Tom 9/28/07 Write up text for Aperi document control.
Lessons Learned Follow-up Tom 9/21/07 Put results of Lessons Learned meeting for R0.3 into a table on the wiki with corresponding action items
cvs download statistics Tom 9/18/07 Investigate if we can get any numbers for our source code downloads.
  • Open Forum:
  • Other:
    • Next Meeting - 9/17/07